This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Burn Notice

edited March 2009 in Everything Else
I really like Burn Notice on USA. I did not see any discussion around it and wanted to get any idea who else may like it (or not like it).
Have only been watching for the past month and just saw this seasons end episode. Really enjoying the main character Michael and of course really like Sam played by Bruce Campbell. Fun to watch and the enjoying the mixture of a long over-arching season and smaller 45 minutes stories.

Any thoughts on it?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    It's okay. I checked it out to see Bruce Campbell. The characters and overall plot are interesting, but something about the series falls flat for me.
    EDIT: The actress that plays Fiona is genuinely terrifying. While thinness in actresses is common, she literally looks skeletal. I recognized her as the Queen from the Three Musketeers movie with Keefer Sutherland and could not believe that such a pretty actress (who was already rather thin - but looked healthy) starved herself into such a mockery of a human being.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • It's okay. I checked it out to see Bruce Campbell. The characters and overall plot are interesting, but something about the series falls flat for me.
    I'm going to have to agree here. Don't get me wrong, I like the show, but I think that it just could have been done better, somehow.
  • edited March 2009
    It's okay. I checked it out to see Bruce Campbell. The characters and overall plot are interesting, but something about the series falls flat for me.
    EDIT: The actress that plays Fiona is genuinely terrifying. While thinness in actresses is common, she literally looks skeletal. I recognized her as the Queen from theThree Musketeersmovie with Keefer Sutherland and could not believe that such a pretty actress (who was already rather thin - but looked healthy) starved herself into such a mockery of a human being.
    I agree whole heartily that Fiona's actress is a terrify skeleton that dons human flesh to get acting jobs. Way to freaking thin.

The main character, the spy tips and a few key episode are what keep me going with it. Particularly the bank job episode really made the show for me, mind you it was also one of the first episodes I caught.
    Post edited by Delam3 on
  • The main character, the spy tips and a few key episode are what keep me going with it. Particularly thebank job episodereally made the show for me, mind you it was also one of the first episodes I caught.
    Yes, that was probably one of my favorite episodes so far. It's like a whole new MacGuyver in a way. I honestly enjoy the series. I know it's not the best thing out there, but it's better than most of the stuff that is out there, and I will actually take time to try to watch it whenever I can. The characters are enjoyable and have some pretty hilarious lines.

I enjoy how Comcast has the newer episodes already ON DEMAND as well as it re-airs fairly frequently on USA. I know you can see it on Hulu as well as other areas.

I plan on buying the second season once it comes out on DVD.
  • I just have to ask something about this show.
    Are there no freaking police in all of Miami?
    Maybe they're all busy trying to solve Dexter's cases?
    Maybe they're all busy trying to solve Dexter's cases?
    All of the regular beat cops either transferred to the CSI division or the Miami Animal Cops. Of course the Miami police has never fully recovered from tragic boat explosions in the 80's.
  • Only two weeks until the season premiere! June 4, 2009!

This is probably one of the most fun shows on television right now.
  • I realized what is keeping me from getting into this series:
    1) Micheal's droning, dispassionate voice-overs;
    2) Strict formulaic structure that seems to "reset" all characters to their default positions rather than building on past character development (make it too much of a procedural for my taste, despite the overarching plot); and
    3) Not enough humor and what humor is there is obvious and dryly delivered constantly (they have Bruce Campbell and they barely utilize his abilities).