This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sony Bravia Internet TV Link / Internet TV

edited March 2009 in Technology
My Mother-in-law lucked out this weekend and was able to return her 14 month old HDTV for a full refund. This enabled her to get a new 40" Sony Bravia for only $200 more.

While setting it up for her I noticed an extra box called the "Bravia Internet TV Link" that attaches to the TV and your broadband. She only has a 1.5Mbps DSL line right now so when we tried it out the picture was not very good.

Does anyone have one of these?

I did find this old press release and a few reviews that say it is limited by the software.

I also downloaded a trial of some software that runs on a media center PC and allows you to watch Hulu on the Xbox. They want real money to use it beyond 14 days so I'll probably watch a bunch of stuff and then delete the software. The picture quality was acceptable (10Mbps cable modem) though movie trailers looked much better than shows being streamed.

As soon as we get a reliable way to watch HD quality TV off the Internet and straight to our TVs cable and satellite companies are going to be in some serious trouble. With time-shifting DVRs people are not staying up to tune in but are instead waiting a few days to watch their shows.

Comments

• We have a 32" Sony Bravia. I haven't noticed an internet link, but will look when I get home.