This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

You Should Have Seen This On The Internet

Comments

• If not all, I've seen the vast majority. It will take time to determine which ones.
  • I haven't seen a lot of them
  • That list should be the 100th item on the list. If you haven't already seen the list you are a loser or old or something.
  • I think I've seen most of them also, but there are still few of them that I'm not familiar with.
  • I think it's a good thing that I can say I haven't seen at least half of those things...and will somebody please give that asshole a lesson in website design and text size?
  • I think it's a good thing that I can say I haven't seen at least half of those things...and will somebody please give that asshole a lesson in website design and text size?
    I agree with the first, disagree with the second statement.
  • I agree with the first, disagree with the second statement.
    That's fine; you can have your own opinion. However, I have a large monitor and the text was so large it was difficult to read and gave me vertigo. Having your text this large is completely unnecessary. This was my entire browser window:

If I was inclined to go through all of the items before I saw the page, I was definitely put off from reading the list once it loaded. I had to c/p it to a text document just to read the list.
  • on firefox ctrl + - (minus)
  • Just because the user can fix it doesn't mean it's good design. I'm aware that I can resize it in my browser. Even the screenshot still freaks my eyes out, so I chose to remove the formatting.
  • I agree with Nuri. The design is complete poop. At least the Internet Meme Timeline gives a brief description of what they are. I like their design.
    I agree with the first, disagree with the second statement.
    That's fine; you can have your own opinion. However, I have a large monitor and the text was so large it was difficult to read and gave me vertigo. Having your text this large is completely unnecessary. This was my entire browser window:

If I was inclined to go through all of the items before I saw the page, I was definitely put off from reading the list once it loaded. I had to c/p it to a text document just to read the list.
    Just because the user can fix it doesn't mean it's good design. I'm aware that I can resize it in my browser. Even the screenshot still freaks my eyes out, so I chose to remove the formatting.
    I agree with Nuri. The design is complete poop. At least theInternet Meme Timelinegives a brief description of what they are. I like their design.
    There is no image macro for what I'm feeling.
  • edited March 2009
    Wow, Nineless, way to be rude and obnoxious Nineless.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited March 2009
    I had to c/p it to a text document just to read the list.
    Just because the user can fix it doesn't mean it's good design. I'm aware that I can resize it in my browser. Even the screenshot still freaks my eyes out, so I chose to remove the formatting.
    You can remove the formatting without opening it in a text document, too, fyi.

As for the actual list itself, I've seen like 50-60% of them. I've been up on memes for the past 3-4 years or so, but barely before that...so the old ones are new to me (so therefore I'm not a loser or old, I'm young....lol). I feel that I'm pretty well kept up on memes anyways, since everyone at schools seems to talk about them a year or two after I hear of them.
    Post edited by Dkong on