This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Pokémon Sapphire: Pokédex currently on 712.
  • Daikun said:

Naoza said:

Why wasn't there a sequal on the N64, and 2 more on the gamecube?

There WERE two StarFox games on the GameCube. Adventures (which is dog shit) and Assault (which is more of an actual StarFox game).
    Don't even get me started on Adventures. Assault is closer but the on foot levels are complete garbage.
    I've not heard of assault. Adventures was so bad I couldn't bring myself to do anything with the Starfox franchise other than play the n64 version over and over every now and then
  • A couple of friends got back from PAX with Star Trek Ascendancy, and it's a ton of fun.
  • Naoza said:

Daikun said:

Naoza said:

There WERE two StarFox games on the GameCube. Adventures (which is dog shit) and Assault (which is more of an actual StarFox game).
    Don't even get me started on Adventures. Assault is closer but the on foot levels are complete garbage.
    I've not heard of assault. Adventures was so bad I couldn't bring myself to do anything with the Starfox franchise other than play the n64 version over and over every now and then
    A clear case of a game that is pushed out when the console is long dead already. I have pretty deep knowledge of Nintendo shit and even I scratched my head a bit before remembering Assault.

I did play Star Fox Command on the DS though. It was the dogfighting mode packaged up into some form of strategy game, and while I can't remember exactly why, I felt it was utter garbage at the time.

• The strategy aspect wasn't well done and the controls on the dogfighting were trash. I don't know why Nintendo feels like it can't just make another Starfox 64. They've used the same formula a thousand times for Mario, but Starfox has to be reinvented every time.

Anyway the mods for low end machines to run Fallout 4 are pretty good so I'm burning through that again. Thoroughly flawed but possibly my favorite game of all time.
  • Matt said:

Naoza said:

Daikun said:

Naoza said:

A clear case of a game that is pushed out when the console is long dead already. I have pretty deep knowledge of Nintendo shit and even I scratched my head a bit before remembering Assault.

I did play Star Fox Command on the DS though. It was the dogfighting mode packaged up into some form of strategy game, and while I can't remember exactly why, I felt it was utter garbage at the time.

I know why. TOUCHSCREEN CONTROLS
  • I enjoyed Star Fox Command and had no problem with the controls.
  • Starfox Adventures was originally another IP that was re-skinned as a Starfox game. The princess was the original protagonist of the game. Howevery they decided to make it a Starfox game for US.

Similar to how Doki Doki Panic became Super Mario 2.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Fox_Adventures#Development

This part made me double-take:
    Many fans and critics do not consider Star Fox Adventures to be an "essential" Rare title, as the negativity was attributed to Microsoft's takeover, which led to some fans speculating that Microsoft were "buying out competition".
    Or maybe the game isn't so good. I turned it off because I couldn't keep my eyes open.

• I almost fell asleep during those 19 seconds
  • Matt said:

I almost fell asleep during those 19 seconds

Imagine collecting 19 of those fruits.

• Just learned Hancock's backstory in Fallout 4 and a drug addict ghoul waking up from a blackout dressed as John Hancock and then deciding to embrace it is so my style that I'm not convinced I wasn't a ghost writer for this game.
  • BoxBoxBoy! proves that BoxBoy is still the shit. Solid sequel.
  • edited September 2016
    Pac-Man CEDX: S-rank every course
    Pac-Man CE2: Can't even S-rank the first baby course.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Finally got an S-rank on the easiest baby course! Just barely.

Watched a replay of current player with first place on that course. I'm beginning to see.
  • The bonus worlds of BoxBoxBoy! nearly broke me. I had to hit the hint button three times, and one time, I still couldn't figure it out, and had to resort to YouTube. I got 100% completion w/o much head scratching on the normal worlds, but only got the perfect completion achievement on about 3/4 of the bonus worlds.
  • On Monday Stardew Valley is going to gets its super update that will include co-op support.

Anyone want to start a co-op farm with me?
  • Coldguy said:

On Monday Stardew Valley is going to gets its super update that will include co-op support.

Ugh. My co-workers play this. Co-op might be the hook to get me started.
  • Impulse decided to sub wow. It's been six years. Decided I'd start from scratch on a friend's server and just veg and level while listening to novels on audible. They've really cut out a lot of stuff. There are changes I agree with, like just rolling ravage into shred (I had a macro for that so one button did either). I have no problem with them removing superflous abilities. I don't even mind them cutting out some things to bring things back to "certain classes have CC, certain classes have interrupts, etc". I do find it really weird that my bear and cat are so separated. Funnest thing about feral was that you were at least a little bit hybrid. Now it feels way more like I can be a bad rogue or a bad warrior. But maybe rogues and warriors got the short stick too somehow. I was very amused that my travel form acts as a vehicle for other people. Did one BG and got a ton of achievements I guess. It's so weird seeing just how much I have in cosmetic items, mounts, etc that still applies to the new character. Yet, I go into instances, and I almost feel dumb because apparently I should just aoe zerg rush it or something. I want like... the equivalent of heroic leveling... where the instances are still hard and require some thought.
  • Gone are those days. Much like the Command and Conquer days where everyone sucked so you could just slowly build a base and an army and at the end someone won. Now it's all build orders and optimizations.

Now instances are all done zerg style because people can.
  • Since I've been back into Blizzard games (Hearthstone and Overwatch), I've seen my friends list on an almost daily basis, and I'm surprised how many people are playing WoW. It's mostly old friends from college and such, but they are doing a good job of bringing in a nostalgia wave with their recent marketing. They were down to 10M players or so from a high of 14M. Curious to know what the numbers are now. I've successfully helped convince a few local board gamer friends not to jump back in.
  • WoW went down to 5M players. They stopped showing the subscriber count after that.
  • Oh wow I didn't realize it had fallen so low. Those numbers were just off of vague recollection.
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

On Monday Stardew Valley is going to gets its super update that will include co-op support.

I will be the farmer to your rune factory miner/warrior.
  • I also tried the level boost and the start of the expansion and just ended up requesting a refund. I felt a lot like when you get into some sort of situation and then you realize that you're surrounded by people that are all part of some pyramid scheme/drinking the kool-aid, whatever. Lots of shiny lights and bells and whistles. Demon's screaming at you. Random NPCs you should remember yelling kinda campy bad voice lines to each other. Meanwhile I just got off the training boat and I have not even began to process who my character is. I think some people described it as theme park like. I think that fits. It's like I I'm on one of those trains that take you through the terminator scenes or back to the future or whatever.
  • Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Never having played, I will likely disappoint you with my lack of skill/knowledge.
  • I also tried the level boost and the start of the expansion and just ended up requesting a refund. I felt a lot like when you get into some sort of situation and then you realize that you're surrounded by people that are all part of some pyramid scheme/drinking the kool-aid, whatever. Lots of shiny lights and bells and whistles. Demon's screaming at you. Random NPCs you should remember yelling kinda campy bad voice lines to each other. Meanwhile I just got off the training boat and I have not even began to process who my character is. I think some people described it as theme park like. I think that fits. It's like I I'm on one of those trains that take you through the terminator scenes or back to the future or whatever.

Yep, some people call this an improvement, and maybe for people on the whole, it is. But for me it ends up feeling... fake. Like I'm on a theme park ride, first we take you here, do two quests. Done? Now we go here, look at this guy he's on fire, do two quests. Done? Now we go here, check out this mountain and the guy shouting on top of it. Do 2 quests. 20 goto 10.
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Never having played, I will likely disappoint you with my lack of skill/knowledge.
    That is why I said you would become a miner and collect the stuff I can then craft, aka baby mode. Once you know the way of the sword I will give you more difficult tasks.
  • Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

That is why I said you would become a miner and collect the stuff I can then craft, aka baby mode. Once you know the way of the sword I will give you more difficult tasks.
    This is sounding a lot like you want me to turn the crank on your candybox.
  • Think it as unpaid internship. You do other person's manual labor for them for no pay and vague promises of better deal in future.