This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Operation Fanart

edited March 2009 in GeekNights
I am trying to find all of the GeekNights fan arts and collect them in one place. I've already got a bunch of them, but not all of them. Help me out here peoples.

Comments

• Do you want forum fanart too? This one is one of my favorites.

• What about that one yaoi fanfic from forever ago? Does that count?
  • What about that one yaoi fanfic from forever ago? Does that count?
    If it's fan art of GeekNights it counts. I already cleaned out the two art threads, the finished pieces and the concept sketch dump. It's mostly moe Rym and Scott, though.
  • I'm trying to find the Rym dragon-slayer picture but I can't remember what thread it's in.
  • Do you want forum fanart too? This one is one of my favorites.
    I concur.
  • edited March 2009
    Rympon the III
    I posted this a while back and I think it's kinda funny that I put an M for Emily rather than an E.

Also, I love how the picture Sail posted totally captures my "I didn't do it I swear. This line of questioning is making me uncomfortable..." face.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited March 2009
    What about that one yaoi fanfic from forever ago? Does that count?
    If it's fan art of GeekNights it counts. I already cleaned out the two art threads, the finished pieces and the concept sketch dump. It's mostly moe Rym and Scott, though.
    And not the "Why people think Rym and Scott are gay" thread?
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • And not the "Why people think Rym and Scott are gay" thread?
    Alright, I got that one also.
  • edited March 2009
    Edit: Never mind
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited March 2009
    A long time ago I made a fan art and I e-mailed it. I don't even know if that mail went through or not. Anyway, here is that old fan art. I changed it from it's original form. I added Linux penguin. I think it should have more things of interest being blown up. Perhaps things that represent each geeky show topic. Then it would be awesome. Suggestions?
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • Suggestions?
    Sorry, I'm drooling at the awesome art style, I blanked.
  • Anyway, here is that old fan art.
    That's amazing, Mankoon. You have a great sense of design. I love the retro feel.
  • OMG it was you who made the Dig Dug Fanart? It's like, our favorite one, and we always remember it. One of the first things I did was go back and find it in the e-mail.
  • That is an awesome piece of art. I elect that to be on a T-Shirt!
  • That is an awesome piece of art. I elect that to be on a T-Shirt!
    It could be a good t-shirt, but I think there need to be fewer colors and CMYK and such. I don't know much about printing, but I know that the gradiented sky won't print well on a shirt.
  • If you need to know about t-shirt printing, Churba used to do that kind of thing.
  • It might look good as a t-shirt because originally I made it with that in mind. I don't think its worthy though. It doesn't represent everything that is geek nights. Also gradients don't work well for silk screen printing. It would have to be redone into flat colors. I do wish that GN did more shirt stuff. Ever thought of making a red bubble or a Zazzle store? (nvm. Red Bubble tees are kind of expensive.)
  • It might look good as a t-shirt because originally I made it with that in mind. I don't think its worthy though. It doesn't represent everything that is geek nights. Also gradients don't work well for silk screen printing. It would have to be redone into flat colors. I do wish that GN did more shirt stuff. Ever thought of making ared bubbleor aZazzlestore? (nvm. Red Bubble tees are kind of expensive.)
    They intend to have their own, proper store here:
    http://shop.frontrowcrew.com/
  • edited April 2009
    They intend to have their own, proper store here:
    Oh, that is awesome! I missed the news. >.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • They intend to have their own, proper store here:
    Yay, this way they can ensure that the shirts are good quality and not crappy iron-on types.
  • Yay, this way they can ensure that the shirts are good quality and not crappy iron-on types.
    Like omnutia said, I can sort you out. Embroidery, screen printing, Silk-screening, direct printing, You ask me, I'll see what I can do.
  • edited April 2009
    Did you get this one? Bunnikun, I don't know how you can call art like this just "doodling" X3

Post edited by Sail on
  • Did you get this one? Bunnikun, I don't know how you can call art like this just "doodling" X3
    Yeah, I just saw this one and a bunch of others in the b'day thread that I cleared out.
  • Someone made an awesome webcomic with a reference to us. It is hilarious and unexpected.

particulatescomics.com
  • edited June 2009
    I love how it's just subtle enough that someone who doesn't understand the reference won't recognize it as one, yet it's just blatant enough so that there's no mistaking it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I love how it's just subtle enough that someone who doesn't understand the reference won't recognize it as one, yet it's just blatant enough so that there's no mistaking it.
    QFT.
  • Hah! That's freak'n awesome.
  • LOL. The person who made that webcomic came up with the "Front Row Brew" pun before even Pete did.
  • At ConnectiCon, someone (Judith and Natalie?) commissioned Rym's fursona, some kind of dragon-fox-centaur:

Today, my bf Anthony made this:
  • Wow, it's weird to see that first picture from five years ago and still know everybody in it.