This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

April Fools!: List your most noteworthy prank!

edited April 2009 in Everything Else
So, April First comes upon us once again. Once, I relished this day as if it were the most sacred of days, but presently I look upon it with a disinterest brought upon by more pressing matters. However, I still look back on my pranks of yore and cannot help but smile on the aftermaths left behind by my various deeds of schadenfreude delight.

SO! Share with us your tales of jesterly terror! Be it past or present, simple or highly orchestrated, spare us no detail!

Let The Day Begin!

Comments

• Well, YouTube has my head spinning.
  • edited April 2009
    This isn't done by me, but it's still pretty good. Someone put shaving cream on the door handle of the library. Me and my friends were laughing as some people almost touched the handle and retracted in time, yet others got their hands covered in white goop. We observed for a good 10 minutes, laughing all the time.

Also, someone else turned all the books in the library that are on display upside down.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Newgrounds is now Communist.
  • Reddit's now Digg.

(The joke is that Reddit really, really hates Digg)
    That can be fixed with slight modification of the URL, tho.
    That can be fixed with slight modification of the URL, tho.
    Why waste your precious time when a much simpler solution exists?

• edited April 2009
    I hope they keep the &flip=1 around afterwards. Upside down caramelldansen is highly enjoyable.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I second that.
  • Newgrounds is now Communist.
    I actually like this design better.
  • Oh, I should have posted the prank I played on my boyfriend in here. Ah well.

Anyhoo, I just played a joke on my mother, who is anxiously awaiting any news of possible grandchildren, that I was pregnant. She was so excited and threatened me that I better not take sort of medications to stop it. After I told her it was a joke, she was kinda mad at me. Her coworker was also in the room and was excited as well and almost took off her shoe to hit me when I told her it was a joke. Ah, good times.
  • Today I'm currently owning my sister with this joke: http://www.instructables.com/id/Firefox-Pranks/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss
    It basically royally fucks up Firefox just for today, then the extension stops working. She thinks the computer has the Conficker virus.

Last year I hit my sister with vnc and had foobar2000 (music player for those who don't know) opened in the background with a global play/pause shortcut so I could rickroll her at any time. I was also tapping random numbers every now and then. I was also xing random windows here and there. Lulz ensued.
  • I had an ultrasound on my heart and they printed it out for me. I showed it to a bunch of people telling them that I was pregnant. It was great.
  • I had an ultrasound on my heart and they printed it out for me. I showed it to a bunch of people telling them that I was pregnant. It was great.
    Haha, what percentage fell for it?
  • I remember going to a friend's dorm and covering the Toilet Bowl with plastic wrap, then laying the toilet seat down.

We weren't there for the actual reaction, but my friend was PISSED in the morning. :P
    My girlfriend sprung some ultrasound images on me. They had her name printed right there at the top, so I knew they must really be hers. To be honest, I can rarely make out the fetus on those things until someone says "Look, that's the head, there are the legs" so I just presumed I was going to be a father. Pola then pointed out the images were a few years old and were, in fact, images of her pancreas.
    Haha, what percentage fell for it?
    Most people actually fell for it. I'm not exactly sure what percentage though. My dad didn't because he knew that I had an ultrasound on my heart and one of my friends could tell that it didn't look like a baby, other than that there were a lot of screams. It was great.

I had an ultrasound on my heart and they printed it out for me. I showed it to a bunch of people telling them that I was pregnant. It was great.
    My girlfriend sprung some ultrasound images on me. They had her name printed right there at the top, so I knew they must really be hers. To be honest, I can rarely make out the fetus on those things until someone says "Look, that's the head, there are the legs" so I just presumed I was going to be a father. Pola then pointed out the images were a few years old and were, in fact, images of her pancreas.
    Haha!!! That's great.
  • I remember going to a friend's dorm and covering the Toilet Bowl with plastic wrap, then laying the toilet seat down.

We weren't there for the actual reaction, but my friend was PISSED in the morning. :P
    Literally.

*BA-DUM-TSH*
  • My girlfriend sprung some ultrasound images on me. They had her name printed right there at the top, so I knew they must really be hers. To be honest, I can rarely make out the fetus on those things until someone says "Look, that's the head, there are the legs" so I just presumed I was going to be a father. Pola then pointed out the images were a few years old and were, in fact, images of her pancreas.
    Haha!!! That's great.
    This didn't happen on April Fools Day. If it had I might not have been taken in.
  • Now, was your first thought disappointment or relief?