This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NFL Team

2»

Comments

• It's just one of the many eccentricities we silly Americans have whereas the Dutch apparently have none.
    Yes we do. We fight, and win, wars on ice skates.

I can see you're buttsore. But no amount of repetitive overseas guffawing is going to change the name or terminology of the game.
  • Handegg is kind of a cute name, though.
    edited August 2009
    guffawing
    Ooh, new word.
    I can see you're buttsore. But no amount of repetitive overseas guffawing is going to change the name or terminology of the game.
    Nah, I'm not buttsore, just laughing at the silly terminology since it conflicts with the terminology I've grown up with. What I know as American football is just... rugby, only the former has more padding. Also, you lot keep responding. :^)

EDIT:
    Handegg is kind of a cute name, though.
    And it gets fans in a fuss.
    Post edited by ... on
  • At least we can all agree that Cricket is retarded.
  • At least we can all agree that Cricket is retarded.
    We won the Ashes today so every English person loves cricket at the moment. Any sport where we beat the Aussies is awesome and it doesn't even involve sitting down!
  • edited August 2009
    We won the Ashes today so every English person loves cricket at the moment. Any sport where we beat the Aussies is awesome and it doesn't even involve sitting down!
    After watching the last few days on and off(Mostly off), and looking at the injuries and such, I feel that England was somewhat leaning on tried and true tactics again, however, Let me be the first to congratulate them on Taking back the ashes - they usually don't get to hold on to them very long, so I say it's only fair we let them hold on to them for us, if only for a little while.
    At least we can all agree that Cricket is retarded.
    I agree, but I don't get much of back home over here, so paying attention to it was a little taste of something from home, even if it was something I usually ignored when I was there.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'm actually very interested in learning cricket. I've read the rules a million times but I still can't get it straight in my head, probably due to the terminology used. I even downloaded a SNES cricket game rom but that only served to confuse me more. I think I need some kind of baseball-to-cricket conversion tutorials.

But back on to the real topic, finding an American football team to support is relatively easy, all things being equal. Just go with the objectively best team: Atlanta Falcons. I call that any contrary ideas to follow are automatically incorrect, no reversies, triple plus finale stamp.
  • How is cricket any more or less retarded than any other ball and stick game?

Honestly, unless someone is playing motorcycle polo in a field of land mines, most sports are fairly interchangeable and equally awesome or lame.
  • edited August 2009
    How is cricket any more or less retarded than any other ball and stick game?
    It goes on for days and nothing happens. It's the Monopoly of spectator sports.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • How is cricket any more or less retarded than any other ball and stick game?
    It goes on for days and nothing happens. It's the Monopoly of spectator sports.
    But it's great fun to play and not as limiting as Baseball (I played Tee-ball then Baseball till I was a senior in high school and grew up with cricket).

You can make Cricket as fast paced or as slow as you want to hence the many different forms of the game.
    Test Match can be up to 5 days.
    One Day match, pretty much one day or about 6-8h.
    20-20, about 90 minutes.

Handegg isn't that contradicotry, you actually end up kicking the egg for 1% of the game. While in Football you have an entire player devoted to blocking the ball, sometimes even with his hands. The rest of the world definitely has its terminology wrong.