This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nervous Habits

2»

Comments

• edited May 2009
    I always keep my hand in the wasd configuration
    I always have my left hand on 'fewa' and my right hand either on my mouse or on 'jio;'
    Post edited by flux on
  • Oh believe me, I've heard it before. The words "oral fixation" seem to translate directly to "giving head" in most men's minds.
    Not to mention the words "Aural Pleasure"
  • As far as nervous habits go, I mostly twist my fingers through my hair. I might just fiddle with whatever happens to be next to me, though. Playing with Legos absent-mindedly, opening and closing a water bottle, etc. I tend to do things with my fingers, in general.
    Oh believe me, I've heard it before. The words "oral fixation" seem to translate directly to "giving head" in most men's minds.
    The phrase "Nasal Satisfaction" comes to mind, for some reason.
  • The phrase "Nasal Satisfaction" comes to mind, for some reason.
    And my mind immediately jumps to the phrase "traffic jam nostrils".
  • Oh believe me, I've heard it before. The words "oral fixation" seem to translate directly to "giving head" in most men's minds.
    The phrase "Nasal Satisfaction" comes to mind, for some reason.
    Really? Because I immediately jumped to "tactile gratification."
  • My nervous habits seem to bring out the worst in my oral fixation.
    You know what Freud would say about that.
    Oh believe me, I've heard it before. The words "oral fixation" seem to translate directly to "giving head" in most men's minds.
    Tell me about it, I stopped telling people I'm anally retentive ages ago.
  • Tell me about it, I stopped telling people I'm anally retentive ages ago.
    Hahaha, I'm pretty well-known for lacking certain filters. People learn VERY quickly not to ask certain types of questions or make certain comments, because dammit...if you ask, I will tell you. If you broach the subject, I will run with it. My parents will often ask something that I answer with, "Do you REALLY want to know?" They know what that means and rarely push the point because they know I will give them an honest answer. (Although the facial expressions when they DO push the point are HI-larious.)

TMI does tend to have the advantage of teaching the socially unaware how incredibly stupid their questions or comments are.
  • I don't bite my nails, but I do constantly pick at them with each other til they're gone. A couple people have said that it's ok because it just means I don't have to clip them later, but it has the consequence that they sometimes come off too far and end up being painful and sensitive, or they end up jagged and too short to fix. Also, I tend to eat things in even numbers and count the letters and characters in sentences to see if they're even.
    They're not really nervous habits, but I do wonder why I do them sometimes.
  • I used to write short blog like entries in my cellular, then immediately deleting them. One day I figured how crazy it is, so I stopped.
    Wait, it means something else?

I'm a horrible nail biter. I really need to not do that.

I also, most of the time, need to keep my hands busy. Usually, I'm typing, doing benchwork, or playing a video game, but if I can't do any of those things, I'll drum on something or snap my fingers to an incredibly annoying degree.
    Wait, it means something else?
    It could also mean "receiving head."