This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Tribes 2 Server

edited June 2009 in Video Games
I've been playing T2 for a while and feel it could probably see a return given the right promotion. One of the problems I'm facing is that all the servers on the TribesNext list seem to be either too small (sub 64 players), using bots or, most noticeably, running really badly made custom maps.

I want to set up a FRC Tribes 2 server running a simple rotation of Katabatic with maybe some of the others thrown in occasionally.

Scott mentioned in the Tribes 2 episode that Tribes 2 ran fine on a 56k modem, so 56Kbps/8=7KBps 7*64=448KBps, therefore:
Does anyone have a connection with a half megabyte/four megabit upload?
Or, to put it another way: Is anyone friendly with the University IT department?

I suppose it's worth a shot just to ask.

Comments

• Didn't Rym say something about getting crazy internet speed from his ISP in a recent Geeknights episode? xD If anyone happens to have that, that might work, although I might be thinking of something different.
  • Didn't Rym say something about getting crazy internet speed from his ISP in a recent Geeknights episode? xD If anyone happens to have that, that might work, although I might be thinking of something different.
    Crazy speed doesn't help if you don't have a static IP address.
  • edited June 2009
    Didn't Rym say something about getting crazy internet speed from his ISP in a recent Geeknights episode? xD If anyone happens to have that, that might work, although I might be thinking of something different.
    Crazy speed doesn't help if you don't have a static IP address.
    Dynamic DNS on a WRT54G works well enough for me. You could also set up he server to cover it as well.

Will static IP be an issue? The Tribes 2 server program would just connect back to the TribesNext master server and update the IP address in a minute or two.

Edit: Trying to repair a mortar turret on a hillside while one guy's throwing missiles at you and another person is trying to hit you with the laser rifle is why we need to play this game more.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited January 2014
    Someone posted a new guide that worked better. It's basic, but it's up and stable I'm working on the stability.
    FRCF: Aoshima. Will set maps and such soon.
  • I think DSOs crashed the server.. Need to get that script that deletes them when it starts.
  • edited January 2014
    Some extra work and the server has been up for a few hours. If I can get it running stable for 6 hours without crashes, I'll consider it stable and I can start customizing.