This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super AIDS found in China

edited June 2009 in News
No joke.
NEW YORK, New York - Amidst the recent hysteria over swine flu, the bigger story as it relates to exotic disease and the possibility for pandemic was lost in the fray. The independent Chinese language network “New Tang Dynasty Television”, filed a report this past Wednesday about a new disease which seems to mimic the AIDS virus but is spreading through mainland China via casual contact or exchange of bodily fluids such as sweat or saliva. Due to the Chinese government’s restrictions on the press, details are light at this time with the following video report being the only credible footage available at this time. Estimates at this time are indicating at least 600 have been infected. The mortality rate of the disease is as of yet, unknown.
And here I was hoping airborne Ebola would be the next uber-virus.

Comments

• In b4 "SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHNG."
  • We all gotta get to Madagascar quick!
  • Man, Which assault rifle should I invest in for the coming zombie plague... I'm sure I can make a lot of money stockpiling them... Invest in assault weapons?

Seriously though, I haven't seen any mainstream information on this, could you find a link to a more credible site?
  • And here I was hoping airborne Ebola would be the next uber-virus.
    Tom clancy reader, by any chance?
  • Super AIDS? Is it anything like Space AIDS? If that is the case, we're all screwed.
  • It was made by the Super Devil, who is at least six inches taller, has a flying motorcycle, and has a jar of marmalade we believe forces you to commit adultery.
  • Super AIDS would suck big-time. However, Magic Johnson seems to be doing alright. Super ebola would be far worse.
  • Super AIDS would suck big-time. However, Magic Johnson seems to be doing alright.
    It's because he sleeps with his massive amounts of money.
  • Super AIDS would suck big-time. However, Magic Johnson seems to be doing alright. Super ebola would be far worse.
    Yeah, one incredibly rich man with access to excellent care who has unusual physical attributes and is in incredible shape. Just ignore the millions of people that died from it. Sure, it isn't as fast as Ebola at killing people, but AIDS will kill you just as dead.
  • Just ignore the millions of people that died from it. Sure, it isn't as fast as Ebola at killing people, but AIDS will kill you just as dead.
    People don't die from AIDS, they die from secondary infections which are allowed to thrive due to the HIV virus suppressing the immune system.

Furthermore, there is no such thing as Super AIDS. AIDS is a condition, not a disease. I think what they mean is super HIV. Just goes to show how incredibly non-credible this source is. They link to a ton of Ron Paul book adds and a radio show called "Wake up America!"...
  • edited June 2009
    Just ignore the millions of people that died from it. Sure, it isn't as fast as Ebola at killing people, but AIDS will kill you just as dead.
    People don't die from AIDS, they die from secondary infections which are allowed to thrive due to the HIV virus suppressing the immune system.
    You are getting into semantics. AIDS, by weakening the immune systems makes a person much more vulnerable to death from what are normally considered minor diseases/infections. People will come into contact with some disease or infection. Had they not had AIDS, they would be much more likely to live. To classify pneumonia as the sole cause of death for a patient with AIDS is simply naive.
    Regardless, you are technically correct. "The best kind of correct."
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • AIDS, by weakening the immune systems makes a person much more vulnerable to death from what are normally considered minor diseases/infections.
    AHHHHHHHHH!!! AIDS doesn't weaken the immune system. It IS a weakened immune system. Lrn bas1c bio plz, kthx bai.
  • edited June 2009
    AIDS, by weakening the immune systems makes a person much more vulnerable to death from what are normally considered minor diseases/infections.
    AHHHHHHHHH!!! AIDS doesn't weaken the immune system. It IS a weakened immune system. Lrn bas1c bio plz, kthx bai.
    The AIDS virus weakens the immune system. Again, semantics. Get over it. Anyone that has taken basic chemistry understands my meaning, as you yourself did. Rules lawyer all you want, but you know what I mean.
    Also, you do not classify all weakened immune systems as AIDS, only those that are weakened by the AIDS virus. I have a compromised immune system owing to former chemo treatments, but I certainly do not have AIDS.
  • The AIDS virus weakens the immune system. Again, semantics. Get over it.
    Tell me, what does the AIDS virus look like? What is it's classification? I would like to know these things. Do you mean HIV? People can have HIV and not AIDS. That's because AIDS is a condition, not a virus. The fact that you can't understand this distinction baffles me to say the least. This is a distinction I learned in elementary school.
  • edited June 2009
    HIV is in colloquial terms the AIDS virus. Why are you picking a fight over this? I do understand the difference, you are inferring that I do not. HIV can (and does) develop into AIDS. This is 5th grade information. To assume that I do not understand it is insane.
    EDIT: You decided to jump on me for pointing out that AIDS contributes to and arguably causes death and that the condition is spread by the HIV virus (I apologize that I called it the AIDS virus along with most of the mainstream media).
  • edited June 2009
    HIV is in colloquial terms is the AIDS virus. Why are you picking a fight over this?
    Are you saying we shouldn't make the correct distinction between the two? Or should we go on using very specific and technical terms incorrectly?
    To assume that I do not understand it is insane.
    Your previous statements certainly leads one to presume so.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited June 2009
    HIV is in colloquial terms is the AIDS virus. Why are you picking a fight over this?
    Are you saying we shouldn't make the correct distinction between the two? Or should we go on using very specific and technical terms incorrectly?
    I am saying that no one on this forum doesn't understand the distinction. If they don't, then they failed elementary bio. You are becoming flustered over distinctions that have become so well known that they are a given in a forum such as this and in adult society as a whole.
    EDIT: Even in the medical community people refer to HIV as "the AIDS virus". Get over yourself.
  • Imagine a world with only Scott and a couple of nuns. Scary.
  • Why is this not in the mainstream news? I'm thinking that our virologist friends would have caught wind of this before "smargus" or whatever. I'm dubious.
  • Imagine a world with only Scott and a couple of nuns. Scary.
    You mean a world where everybody's celibate?
  • Why is this not in the mainstream news? I'm thinking that our virologist friends would have caught wind of this before "smargus" or whatever. I'm dubious.
    I'm incredibly dubious.
  • I'm dubious.
    Most dubious.
  • edited June 2009
    We could make up wild and fictitious theories as to why the Chinese might fabricate this:
    1) The Chinese want the world to think that they can spread a terrifying disease throughout whenever they see fit. They will hold the world ransom for monopoly in the tea and cheap toys market.
    2) China is propping up its economy with the medical face mask industry.
    3) China is using it as a cover for mass killings to reduce population.
    4) China is jealous of Mexico for all its H1N1 attention.
    5) China wants to rid itself of all foreigners and it figures uninformed medical panic is a cheap and effective way to go.
  • edited June 2009
    edit: Crap comment. Nothing to see here.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I'm dubious.
    Most dubious.
    Wait, a blog on the interwebs posting an alarmist and possibly fabricated story to generate traffic? Inconceivable!
  • Inconceivable!
    "I do not think that means what you think it means."
  • We are now at zombie terror alert orange.
  • We are now at zombie terror alert orange.
    Waiting, preparing to lead, preparing to get shot in the face.