This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Summer Secret Surprise '09

edited June 2009 in Role Playing Games
Go check it out. Bloodstained Stars. It looks pretty bad ass.

Comments

• Go check it out.Bloodstained Stars.It looks pretty bad ass.
    More Burning Empires? I'll buy it, but I doubt it will ever be played by us.
  • I don't think it's a source book. It sounds more like a journal written by a character. I think it'll be a bad ass read but not so sure about putting it to use in a game.
  • I really need to get into Burning Wheel.
  • Ok, how about this.

If you had the power to decide the next Summer Secret Surprise. What would it be?
  • If you had the power to decide the next Summer Secret Surprise. What would it be?
    A sandwich, prepared and hand-delivered by Luke Crane himself.
  • Burning Steam: A Guide to Victorian era Steam Punk.
    Complete with rules based on Victorian era etiquette .
    Complete with rules based on Victorian era etiquette .
    The added weight would at least double the shipping costs. There were whole books written on just the correct methods for eating different kinds of food.
  • Burning Rome.
  • Only wish to Luke Crane I have is to have Mouse Guard rpg renamed to Burning Mice.
  • Burning Shadowrun.
  • Burning Mecha.
  • Some sort of Fall Out-style post-apocalyptic setting would be cool.
  • I second that Burning Steam. Dear god, do I second that Burning Steam.

I know what I'm going to be doing at work today; researching Burning Steam.

Oh mans.
  • Thing is, Burning Steam requires little more than a new "magic" system and a large number of cosmetic changes/new lifepaths. You could do it yourself pretty readily.
  • Thing is, Burning Steam requires little more than a new "magic" system and a large number of cosmetic changes/new lifepaths. You could do it yourself pretty readily.
    I would start by switching Enchanting to ENGINEER!, or something like that to represent tech stuff. I would work on expanding non-magical Alchemy. I would leave in Death Art and Summoning but tie them into Corruption. I think Undead + Train= WIN! A lot of the stuff could be handled cosmetically. Finery would be finer but the life of the average farmer didn't improve much.
  • edited June 2009
    Undead + Train= WIN!
    Not necessarily.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Undead + Train= WIN!
    But will you be able to suplex the train?