This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

RIP Billy Mays

edited June 2009 in Everything Else
50 is the new 80. Rest in peace.

Comments

• I don't know how to respond this at all. It's definitely quite a surprise.
  • One less reason I will need to mute my TV when commercials come on.
  • edited June 2009
    This is all so strange; so many celebrity deaths. I just saw my first Billy Mays commercial on TV for my first days here in America, and now he dies.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • These deaths always come in threes! You had Ed McMahon, Farah, and MJ. Now it's Billy Mays and the next two. We may have to wait a couple years for the next big celebrity death, but rest assured that two more will eventually die. It's all so cosmic.
  • he was my hero
  • I feel the worst about his death, which I find to be completely wierd. The guy was in nothing but commercials and I feel bad!
  • I find this more disturbing than sad. Yeah, people die everyday, but it's just feels weird when you got well known people dying within a few days of each other. I wonder who's next.
  • The guy was in nothing but commercials and I feel bad!
    He was actually the co-star of Discovery Channel's Pitchmen, along with Anthony Sullivan. It was a fascinating show.
  • I liked his voice for some reason. I have a weird thing for voices.
  • I find this to be both terrible and hilarious, so I thought some people here might enjoy it as well.
  • Damn, didn't see this one coming. 'Tis a shame; Pitchmen was a pretty interesting show.
  • edited June 2009
    Looks like someone has a Death Note and is targeting famous 50 year old men. Heart attack? Less likely than you think!
    Yeah, people die everyday, but it's just feels weird when you got well known people dying within a few days of each other.
    Well, in the case of Michael Jackson and Billy Mays, both of them weren't old, and neither of them had terminal health problems, so their deaths took everyone by surprise. In a case like this I think it's sad and worth taking note. If Jackson and Billy Mays both died on the same weekend 30 years from today, I would care significantly less.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • These deaths always come in threes! You had Ed McMahon, Farah, and MJ. Now it's Billy Mays and the next two. We may have to wait a couple years for the next big celebrity death, but rest assured that two more will eventually die. It's all so cosmic.
    I hope you're being facetious, because if not we're going to have a little talk about confirmation bias.
  • I hope you're being facetious, because if not we're going to have a little talk about confirmation bias.
    I think this part gave it away:
    We may have to wait a couple years for the next big celebrity death, but rest assured that two more will eventually die.
    I hope you're being facetious, because if not we're going to have a little talk about confirmation bias.
    I think it's pretty obvious he is being facetious.
  • Oh man, RIP Billy Mays.
  • A couple of channels were still showing his commercials yesterday. I would normally find such a practice to be tasteless, but for Mr. Mays it was oddly appropriate.
  • A couple of channels were still showing his commercials yesterday. I would normally find such a practice to be tasteless, but for Mr. Mays it was oddly appropriate.
    He's selling OxyClean to angels now.
  • Looks like someone has a Death Note and is targeting famous 50 year old men. Heart attack? Less likely than you think!
  • edited June 2009
    I don't know the person in that picture.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I don't know the person in that picture.
  • edited June 2009
    He's also the Scout:

But back on topic:
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited June 2009
    Ah. I remember now, I've seen several of the adaptations of the Slap Chop video, including the Scout one.
    This one's pretty good:
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited June 2009
    I saw this on Texts From Last Night:
    (972): they say celebs die in threes. leave it to billy mays to throw in one extra COMPLETELY FREE!
    At first I was all like, "HA!"....but then I was all like, "Awwwwwwwwww, too soon."
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited June 2009
    Fawcett, Jackson, Mays? That's 3 right there. Where's the free one?
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Fawcett, Jackson, Mays? That's 3 right there. Where's the free one?
    McMahon
  • You forgot David Carradine, which means there is another pitchman death on the way.
    Celebs: Carradine, Fawcett, Jackson
    Pitchmen: McMahon, Mays, ???
  • Pitchmen: McMahon, Mays, ???
    Richard Karn had best be very, very careful.
  • Pitchmen: McMahon, Mays, ???
    Richard Karn had best be very, very careful.
    Hi! Vince here with InstaCasket! Look how fucking awesome this casket is. Bam! You can't do this with any other type of casket! Only InstaCasket!
  • The terrible thing is that I was planning this sketch comedy sort of thing I was gonna film which was called "What's on TV?" It basically gonna be a bunch of parodies of classic and modern TV. There would be fake infomercials and fake television programs, one of which was going to be a major running gag of Billy Mays commericials. I have since thrown away the whole idea because of his death as it would be pretty crass and insensitive of me to include that in it.