This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fanfictions

2»

Comments

• I only write fan-fiction about real people. One of my firsts was a story about Steven Spielberg finding a magical camera that allowed him to make good movies, but each frame of film stole the soul of a newborn baby. It dealt with moral dilemmas and was pretty deep. I've recently written a near-future short story involving Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates. It has some cool science fiction elements like hover chairs in it. I'm thinking about getting into some hentai-esque fan-fiction writing with a local newscaster as the star. If I send it to her and she likes it, maybe we can go out on dates. I don't do furry stuff.
  • edited July 2009
    I only write fan-fiction about real people. One of my firsts was a story about Steven Spielberg finding a magical camera that allowed him to make good movies, but each frame of film stole the soul of a newborn baby. It dealt with moral dilemmas and was pretty deep. I've recently written a near-future short story involving Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates. It has some cool science fiction elements like hover chairs in it. I'm thinking about getting into some hentai-esque fan-fiction writing with a local newscaster as the star. If I send it to her and she likes it, maybe we can go out on dates. I don't do furry stuff.
    Wait what?
    I'm thinking about getting into some hentai-esque fan-fiction writing with a local newscaster as the star.
    If I send it to her and she likes it, maybe we can go out on dates.
    I would strongly recommend against this course of action.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • One of my firsts was a story about Steven Spielberg finding a magical camera that allowed him to make good movies, but each frame of film stole the soul of a newborn baby.
    That seems like a no-brainer to me...
  • edited July 2009
    I'm thinking about getting into some hentai-esque fan-fiction writing with a local newscaster as the star.
    If I send it to her and she likes it, maybe we can go out on dates.
    I would recommend against this course of action.
    That, my friend, would be creepy beyond belief and worthy of a restraining order, if not a sexual harassment lawsuit. My recommendation, keep your fantasies about the sexy newscaster to yourself.
    One of my firsts was a story about Steven Spielberg finding a magical camera that allowed him to make good movies, but each frame of film stole the soul of a newborn baby.
    That seems like a no-brainer to me...
    Totally. Since souls don't exist, nothing to worry about.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Somewhat related, I prefer fan-flashes more. At least for the more comedic ones, they're much better with the added visuals.

Real...life...fanfictions... I read one and it was seriously unsettling. (It was a real bad celebrity pairing.) Now where's my amnesia hammer?
  • Real...life...fanfictions... I read one and it was seriously unsettling. (It was a real bad celebrity pairing.) Now where's my amnesia hammer?
    Hand it to me when you're done, I'd really like to forget that Daily Show slashfic...
  • edited July 2009
    Just so you guys know, this is the single best fanfiction you will read, ever.
    Wow! I mean...Just wow! This has got to be, hands down, the best fanfiction I've ever read.

First, you drew us in with the title, "Naruto and The Rocks". Who are the rocks? What do they have to do with Naruto? Is he going to fight the rocks some how? We don't know. That's what so compelling; We Just Don't KNOW.

Then, we click the link, and we see that you have taken a story, that, no doubt could have been filled with cliches and overly complex exposition and stripped it bare of all of that. What you left us with was simplicity. It was beautiful. Pure, modern, industrial design in literary form.

Not only that, but you blew away all of our expectations and broke out of the status quo. Naruto didn't fight the rocks, He played with them. In a genre filled with fighting and violence for the sake of violence, you brought peace, harmony, and the idea of friendship.

But then you looped it back once again with the sad ending. Naruto died. You have no idea how much that moved me. After playing with the rocks, he just dies. Did the rocks kill him? Did Naruto have some sort of disease or injury that already had him at the brink of death? We are never told. And that is what is so great about it. You allow us to explore all the possibilities with our imaginations.

And how deep it was, too. Having a child, who has made the focus of his life fighting, have his last act on this earth so innocent... To simply play, the symbolic act of a child, with rocks, a testament to the hardship he has faced through life...You, sir, have very properly placed this under the poetry section.

The best Fanfiction I have ever had the pleasure to read. Thank you for your great contribution to the literary world and to the anthology of the greatest works of mankind. Thank you. Thank you.
  • @Sonic, in all fairness, that was a better fan-fic than some that shall not be named to protect the innocent.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh definitely. There was no sarcasm in my review. A little bit of over-the-top-ness, but no sarcasm what so ever. Well, Except for the whole "greatest works of mankind" bit (Italicizing "The End" was hardly necessary).