This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Underworld Hockey Club reaches 1.0, open Beta

2»

Comments

• Steal from the forgotten masters.
    Care to be a little more explicit?
    No.
  • Thought so. :)
  • I just took a gander at everything in the blend file, to get my bearings before I started to do anything.

Leaving out the skeleton player (which is done, I think, besides not being mapped?) you need what?

• Demonic Goalie (I'm getting a Hellboy as goalie kind of vibe here. Post Pics Later.)
    • Demon Referee (Is that that thing that looks like a dragon?)
    • Demon Player (I know you've already done him, but I think he needs a bulking up and a good paint job.)

Also, I think if you do that opening with Satan, you should get someone to draw illustrations, rather than those renders with the speech bubbles.
    Some stylistic inspiration.
    If you can't tell, I'm obsessed with a certain big red guy lately.
    I definitely need a new demon player. The goalie could be a demon but it could also be something completely different (zombie, werewolf, etc. etc.). I was thinking that the referee could be based on the Grim Reaper. What do you think?
  • Yes. Grim Reaper!
    I had this big lion-y thing as the goalie. I'll post the pictures, because I still need to scan them in.
    What is the dragon thing?
  • Yes. Grim Reaper!
    I had this big lion-y thing as the goalie. I'll post the pictures, because I still need to scan them in.
    What is the dragon thing?
    What dragon thing?

P.S. I'll try to find someone to make illustrations for the intro video. I'd do them myself except I have no 2d art skills whatsoever. I think I'll try to take another shot at the game logo on the main menu before I work on the trailer more.
  • That Yellow Thing. You can see it in the video at 00:38.
  • edited August 2009
    I'd really like to be a bug tester for you Digital Ghost, but I am rolling on PPC hardware and all of your downloads are compliled for x86-64. I know I should get a newer PC, by the end of the month I should have a IBM Think Pad to play with, from then I will happily be your Beta tester (on Windows and Linux)

EDIT

Maybe it could you edit your orginal post to say that it will not work on PPC Macs?
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • edited August 2009
    That Yellow Thing. You can see it in the video at 00:38.
    That's supposed to be Satan. He's just the demon model with an extra tail model and wings attached.
    Post edited by DigitalGhost on
  • I'd really like to be a bug tester for you Digital Ghost, but I am rolling on PPC hardware and all of your downloads are compliled for x86-64. I know I should get a newer PC, by the end of the month I should have a IBM Think Pad to play with, from then I will happily be your Beta tester (on Windows and Linux)

EDIT

Maybe it could you edit your orginal post to say that it will not work on PPC Macs?
    Hey ElJoe,

I will look into making a PPC or Universal binary. I've only owned a mac for all of 4 weeks now, so I'm still learning my way around.