This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awesome Indie Games Sale

edited August 2009 in Video Games
from IndieGames.comWe've been recommending these five games for quite some time, and now there's a chance to purchase them all from Direct2Drive at a very special price of $17.75. It would normally cost you close to $80 for Defense Grid, Democracy 2, The Path, Zeno Clash and Cogs, but with the collection you are getting five fantastic indie game releases for the price of one (or two, in some cases). Don't miss out on this time-limited offer, as the discount is only valid until August 9th.
I thought this was such an amazing deal that I had to post it here. A bonus, mentioned in the comments of the article, is that both the Zeno Clash and Defense Grid serial codes can be entered into Steam and can be downloaded and run through that service. Link

Comments

• Comment from Nineless about regional pricing in 3...2...1...
  • Dude, it's four in the morning where he is right now.
    Comment from Nineless about difference in time zones, people's calculating thereof, spelling, the weather, the troubles of being a tsundere, etc..
  • Dude, it's four in the morning where he is right now.
    This is NINELESS we're talking about, tho.
  • Steam responds.
    Done. I had been wanting to play pretty much all of those games but was never willing to spend the face-value for them.
  • I wish they'd let you choose the five games you want in the $20 deal. I have enough of them that neither of them really feels worth it.
  • Steam responds.
    Done. I had been wanting to play pretty much all of those games but was never willing to spend the face-value for them.
    Same here.
  • Ugh...$30...

So tempting, and yet I actually want only a few of the games...
  • Ugh...$30...

So tempting, and yet I actually want only a few of the games...
    Yeha, I already own a few of the games. If Steam would let me gift them, but nooooo. Right of first sale is starting to bother me on Steam. They need to fix that. Maybe we need to make a petition.
  • Yeha, I already own a few of the games. If Steam would let me gift them, but nooooo. Right of first sale is starting to bother me on Steam. They need to fix that. Maybe we need to make a petition.
    Yeah...that's working real well for the L4D2 petitioners...
  • I'll start a petition for people to pay more attention to petitions.
  • I'll start a petition for people to stop making dumb petitions.
  • Well, it doesn't have to be a petition. Maybe we can go to small claims court.
  • edited August 2009
    Well, well, well.. pirates win again. Checkmate.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Well, it doesn't have to be a petition. Maybe we can go to small claims court.
    Would a small claims court be appropriate for this?
  • Well, well, well.. pirates win again. Checkmatey.
    Would a small claims court be appropriate for this?
    It isn't a very big claim.
  • edited August 2009
    Perhaps an actual campaign with a proper website to promote the enforcement of consumer's rights on digital media? Somewhat the like the Stop Software Patents guys.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Perhaps an actual campaign with a proper website to promote the enforcement of consumer's rights on digital media? Somewhat the like the Stop Software Patents guys.
    Ah so rather than just target Valve, target right of first sale in general.
  • What I don't get is that it would cost Steam nothing to allow you to gift games you already own that are part of a pack, and it would encourage people to buy packs because you could also gift the games you don't want/already have to friends... it would seem like a win/win situation for both parties.
  • What I don't get is that it would cost Steam nothing to allow you to gift games you already own that are part of a pack, and it would encourage people to buy packs because you could also gift the games you don't want/already have to friends... it would seem like a win/win situation for both parties.
    Probably because with the current system, they'll sell more of the packs. If I bought a pack and gifted my friend all the games he wanted, that's one sale. If my friend and I both buy the pack, that's two sales.
    Probably because with the current system, they'll sell more of the packs. If I bought a pack and gifted my friend all the games he wanted, that's one sale. If my friend and I both buy the pack, that's two sales.
    The thing is, that's not how it actually works. See, because I already own two games in the pack, I don't buy it. That's zero sales. If they let me gift the games I already have, that would be one sale.

Now let's say my friend wants the pack. If he only wants the two games I'm going to gift him, then he probably wasn't going to buy it anyway. If he wants all the games, and I still gift him, then he can re-gift the two duplicate games yet again. The people who end up with the gifted games weren't going to buy the pack anyway. Also, those gifted games were paid for by somebody. And the price originally paid for them was probably more than what they are charging for them in a discount pack.