This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Ad Contest! - NOW WITH PRIZE

Comments

• Scott (or, for that matter, anyone who knows), where'd you find the info on the new Kodansha run of Akira? I might try to throw together an ad, but in the event that I don't I'd like to pre-order the first volume, and InStockTrades doesn't have a listing for it.
  • Mr. Roboto got his Guin Saga, I think!

...right?

They are 50/50 on historically delivering prizes.
    Yes, in less than a week actually.
  • It would probably help if you could provide things for people to work with, like a clean image of the logo, or the various icons used to represent each episode type.
  • It would probably help if you could provide things for people to work with, like a clean image of the logo, or the various icons used to represent each episode type.
    I concur as asking for an ad is harder than it sounds as anyone could come up with a number of ideas that don't meet your approval. You need to give people a general and basic idea as to what you want it to include (more focus on art, more focus on the message itself, less art, etc) and let the creativity flow from there.
  • I wanted to do one more.
    Ah, crap yeah. Forgot to post it. I'll do that right now.
  • Here is a zip file with svg images of all of the GeekNights logos and such.
  • I need to finish the press kit I started working on a while ago.
  • Here is a zip filewith svg images of all of the GeekNights logos and such.
    Could you reup the archive? Seems the link died.
  • I need to finish the press kit I started working on a while ago.
    Approximately, how long do you estimate that will take?
  • Could you reup the archive? Seems the link died.
    Works fine for me.
  • edited August 2009
    A simple submission:
    Geeknights
    EDIT: Second pic removed, due to embarrassment.
    Post edited by -left- on
  • edited August 2009
    Centi? I only know of that as an SI prefix, in which context that doesn't seem to make sense.
    Speaking of SI prefixes, you can't blank a decablank, but it doesn't work as well as the original.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Centi? I only know of that as an SI prefix, in which context that doesn't seem to make sense.
    Speaking of SI prefixes, you can't blank a decablank, but it doesn't work as well as the original.
    No, you're right. The reference just went over your head. Scott's penis is apparently one centimeter longer than Rym's. From the masturbation episode, I think?

Eventually, I'm going to get around to entering. I think I can do better than most of the stuff I've seen.
  • Yeah, I figured it might be an in-joke, but I also figured it wasn't worth qualifying my statement with that.
  • I worked up a couple of things:

These ideas/styles can be pursued/altered if need be. Robots, for example, could be added or removed.
  • edited August 2009
    @particulates I adore the second one. It's like an evil Wall-E. However, I think the first one is the best.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • How about these cookies, sugar?!

• I love all three of those, particulates.
  • edited August 2009
    Scott, is non-obtrusive, non-distracting Flash acceptable? By non-obtrusive I mean "stays in its little box" and by non-distracting I mean "will not cause a seizure."
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Scott, is non-obtrusive, non-distracting Flash acceptable? By non-obtrusive I mean "stays in its little box" and by non-distracting I mean "will not cause a seizure."
    No.
  • What if it will cause a seizure?
  • What if it will cause a seizure?
    The reason I say no is simply because none of the ad networks that I'm going to use support flash. I need a jpg, png, or gif.

Also, I'm glad I'm finally seeing some nice submissions. Keep it coming.
  • I would enter this contest if I had any relevant talent whatsoever.
  • Goddammit, I hate this hacker crap!
  • Find Nedry! Check the vending machines!!
  • Button sized one...

Click here to start listening to Geek Nights podcasts now!

Meh.
  • edited September 2009
    Based on the tone of the posts so far in this thread, I think a take off on this image would be an appropriate ad:

Geeknights: Listen now b4 the breakup!

Suggestion: Paste Rym's head onto John's body and Scott's head onto Paul's body. Brush George and Rigo out of the image. Then start the rumor that Scott is dead.

I would do it but I'm not artistically inclined.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • So does that make me Yoko what breaks them up?