This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

John Hughes Dies at age 59

edited August 2009 in Everything Else
John Hughes, the director of many classic comedy films such as Ferris Bueller's Day Off, the Breakfast Club, and Planes, Trains and Automobiles died of a heart attack today while visiting his family. He will truly be missed.

Comments

• John Hughes, the director of many classic comedy films such asFerris Bueller's Day Off,the Breakfast Club, andPlanes, Trains and Automobilesdied of a heart attack today while visiting his family. He will truly be missed.
    The Bard of Teen Angst has died, and yes Li he will sorely be missed as he made many comedic movies that are a part of our culture today.
  • John Hughes, the director of many classic comedy films such as the Breakfast Club... He will truly be missed.
    Don't you, For get about me, no, no, no, no.
  • I looked over his IMDB page. His work post 80's is... well, I hope he got paid well.
  • I just watched Sixteen Candles, which I only saw some time around when it came out, and I didn't remember a thing. Not bad for what it was. But Long Duk Dong? Jesus Christ. We've come a long way since the '80s.