This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Help! Living alone need cooking ideas!

13»

Comments

• Yeah, it's not like you're having mash every day for every meal or anything.

btw what's the garlic variety of mash? Just grind some garlic and put it together with the potatoes when you mash them? I've seen other stuff in mash but not garlic.
    edited August 2009
    Easy, student-live cooking technique from my father's niece. Give her a microwave and she can probably feed armies for years. Anyways, put small chopped, fresh vegetables in a plastic bag, add salt, put in microwave for 10 minutes or so, enjoy your super delicious steamed veggies. Also works with unpeeled potatoes wrapped in tin foil.

Note: Reconstruction of this recipe contains some inaccuracies as I do not know it perfectly by heart.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Also works with unpeeled potatoes wrapped in tin foil.
    Tin foil in a microwave is a bad idea. I think you want to used a cling or plastic wrap of some kind.
  • Tin foil in a microwave is a bad idea.
    I know, but it's not like the microwave'll explode. And as I disclaimed in my post, my memory of her recipes is fuzzy. I recall tin foil, or at least, potatoes wrapped in something that looked like tin foil. I know it was delicious and beats the snot out of cooked potatoes.
  • So I decided to make pasta the other day and I'm lazy so I made 4 servings to microwave up. Then next day I felt like some rice so I decided to make a 6 servings worth so I could reheat for other meals. Now I want to make something else but I have at least 9 meals in queue and If i dont eat it in time they will go bad. :(
  • ...my memory of her recipes is fuzzy. I recall tin foil, or at least, potatoes wrapped in something that looked like tin foil. I know it was delicious and beats the snot out of cooked potatoes.
    Their is an old camp fire recipe where you put sliced potatoes, carrots, onion and what ever other veggies you have on hand in a tin foil pouch with butter, salt, pepper and what ever spice you've got. You can bury it in a good bed of coal if you're camping OR you can bake it in the over or throw it on the grill when you're at home.
  • but I have at least 9 meals in queue and If i dont eat it in time they will go bad. :(
    That's what freezers are for.