This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I've started the avalanche that will change my life

edited September 2009 in Everything Else
It seems like a lot happened since my moment of euphoria 3 weeks ago. I went through a process of startling self discovery that made me learn something about myself, something which I originally despised through hivemind thinking and social conditioning. Now, acceptance of my identity has lead me to become much more courageous. As I walk in school, I can't help but feel happy about the very fact that I exist. That's when I realized that I couldn't take my parents anymore. I remember during school meetings with parents, the school often said not to try and force your child to learn a certain topic for university. That's not what my parents did. They did something much more fundamental that I didn't perceive until I gained clarity through the happiness of my existence. They were trying to push their ideologies on how I should live. They were dictating my actions subtly, and just recently I realized how they were doing so throughout the past. Since my childhood, they've been trying to push me in a direction that I no longer align with.

Enough is enough. I told them that I'm not going to be joining a Tae Kwon Do club after the one I was in dissipated. They proceeded to flip out when I refused to go meet the head of the club after they arranged a meeting. The thing that infuriated me the most was that my mother said I had no choice, I had to go. Well fuck that, I'm not dealing with this sort of shit anymore. I don't want to go, it's my life, it's my decision. I must have my needs and desires satiated, and one of those is freedom. If I had to classify myself, I would be a liberal. I just can't deal with my parents exerting so much control. When I refused to go, I was forbidden from using the computer, and my iPhone and Tablet were taken away. The reason given as to why? They bought it with their money and they own it.

I've been threatened with multiple actions. I could have gotten my iPhone smashed. I could have gotten my computer taken away for a year. I could have been put in a terrible boarding school. I could have to get a job instead of going to college. Everything, every single thing they wanted to do had absolutely no gain and everything to lose. They will try and deliberately hurt me in terms of growth and school work as punishment. I just don't understand this line of thinking. My morals are not so weak as to be changed by a simple punishment.

Scott, nothing rings more true than your statement.
Posted By: AprecheEconomic freedom is essential for personal liberty.
It's a small step, but I've lodged my feet in and I'm not backing out now. I will dig my own grave as far as I can, and overcome this ridiculous situation. This is not a battle of theology, this is not a battle of sexuality, this is a battle of fundamental ideals. The common topics that seem to cause strife are now of little importance. Right now, I frankly could care less if my father discovered my sexual preferences.

Of course, I would not do this if I knew it were permanently and irreversibly damage my potential. Any action that they choose to do will only last until my next report card. No, I won't try to deliberately sabotage myself. I will do my best, but my best will be seriously hindered by any brash actions taken by my parents.

All I wanted to do was something other than Tae Kwon Do, fuck.

Comments

• How did you tell them that you did not want to do Tae Kwon Do?
    Sometimes you have to be like B. Franklin and be politically smart to obtain want you want.
  • Heh, I understand now. Take conditional love to an extreme and you get me. My somewhat unfounded and intense paranoia, low self esteem, the negligible amount of socializing with my parents as well as my hatred for them; it all fits together.

Don't you love it when everything all fits together in place? I've got some growing to do, bye bye!
  • I'm sorry that your relationship with your parents is bad, but I am happy to know that you are figuring out more about yourself. Hopefully you not allowing your parents to abuse you emotionally will teach them as much as it will hopefully teach you.
  • Heh, Iunderstand now.Take conditional love to an extreme and you get me. My somewhat unfounded and intense paranoia, low self esteem, the negligible amount of socializing with my parents as well as my hatred for them; it all fits together.

Don't you love it when everything all fits together in place? I've got some growing to do, bye bye!
    Hello, Goodbye!

Man, I should really get the new Stereo set :P