This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Skepticality is back!

edited August 2006 in News
I just want to boost one of my favourite podcast that suddenly has come to life again, Skepticality. I think many of you fellow geeks will love this show if you haven't already checked it out.

The show has had a long pause because Derek had a stroke this winter. Now they are back with a brand new episode. Skepticality has now become the official podcast of Skeptic Magazine, and with Michael Shermer pushing Derek and Swoopy we can be quite sure that there will be more new episodes, and not just this one.

I advice new listeners to download the old episodes first.

Comments

• Second the vote for the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe. I listened to Skepticality, but found it to be much less entertaining. After 15 minutes into the show, they still hadn't talked about anything regarding skepticism. The "news" was really about their own show. The one news piece about the ice sheet melting in Greenland had no analysis from a skeptical perspective. This babble might have gone on even longer, but I gave up after 15 minutes.
  • I also listen to Skeptic's Guide to the Universe. The two shows are quite different as Skepticality is easily accessible with lots of personality about science and other related stuff, and Sceptic's Guide is more hardcore skeptical theory. I like both.

I agree that the new Skepticality episode wasn't very good. The great news is that they are back, not the quality of that one episode. As I said, start with the old stuff!
  • I'll give the next episode a try. I figured they might have just been glad to be back which led to the gabbing.