This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

This mushroom's for you, Lou.

edited October 2009 in Everything Else
Captain Lou Albano died today at age the 76.

Let's all take a quiet moment and Do the Mario! in his honor.

Comments

• This is a coming-of-age for the children of the 80s. Our heroes are dying one by one.

The man gets respect for doing what he did with a straight face.
  • This year has just been so weird. It probably isn't the case, but it feels like there have been more high-profile celebrity deaths this year than the previous five years combined.
  • This year has just been so weird. It probably isn't the case, but itfeelslike there have been more high-profile celebrity deaths this year than the previous five years combined.
    While I love Captain Lou, he was not high profile. He was just an awesome dude, even though I heard he was really jesus-y.
  • Noooooooo!
  • While I love Captain Lou, he was not high profile.
    I disagree. Sure, he is not as high profile as Al Martino, who also died today, but for some big demographics, such as wrestling fans, he's very well known. And I know this also isn't a terribly large demographic in the grand scheme of things, but for the 50+ million people using Twitter, Captain Lou is a trending topic. I'd say that's pretty well known.
  • Sorry about being late to the game, but as a fan of pro wrestling back in the late 70s and early 80s, Captain Lou provided (along with Fred Blassie and the Grand Wizard) personality for some of the bad guys Bob Backlund fought as WWF champion.
  • I have no real knowledge of what Lou Albano did other then the various Mario shows. However, that's enough for me since I watched those shows quite more then I should and as a result, his voice was always the one I associated with Mario. I was quite surprised when the first time at Mario voice in Mario 64 because it sounded so different.