This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2010 Panels

Comments

• What does bluetext indicate again?
    Blue text is quoted text.
  • What does bluetext indicate again?
    Blue text is quoted text.
    I doubt that, because of two things 1)There's a quote button for that, and Geofino knows it exists, and uses it 2)He's not quoting anything.
  • I doubt that, because of two things 1)There's a quote button for that, and Geofino knows it exists, and uses it 2)He's not quoting anything.
    Ba-dum *CRASH*.
  • edited February 2010
    Blue is the anti-sarcasm. So yeah, srs bsns.

We need a forum color wheel. LOL
    Post edited by Sail on
  • We need a forum color wheel.
    No need. People just need to stop 1) getting offended on the internet, 2) being stupid on the internet, 3) being wrong on the internet. The entire idea of using colours to 'indicate' various things is repulsive. Weren't you people intelligent?
    No need. People just need to stop 1) getting offended on the internet, 2) being stupid on the internet, 3) being wrong on the internet. The entire idea of using colours to 'indicate' various things is repulsive. Weren't you peopleintelligent?
    I have to agree.
    No need. People just need to stop 1) getting offended on the internet, 2) being stupid on the internet, 3) being wrong on the internet. The entire idea of using colours to 'indicate' various things is repulsive. Weren't you peopleintelligent?
    I DUNNO LOL
    I have to agree.
    I disagree. I have made many sarcastic posts that were then interpreted as serious. I think, in situations where the lack of body language and tone can make things confusing, using colors is a good way to ensure that there aren't enormous misunderstandings.
    However, the blue did seem a little unnecessary in this situation, but I can understand the intentions.
  • I should start using random colours, just to confuse people.
    I think that's a poor idea.
    I would have to argue against this course of action.
    I would have to argue against this course of action.
  • I disagree. I have made many sarcastic posts that were then interpreted as serious. I think, in situations where the lack of body language and tone can make things confusing, using colors is a good way to ensure that there aren't enormous misunderstandings.
    However, the blue did seem a little unnecessary in this situation, but I can understand the intentions.
    1) If you don't want to be misinterpreted, don't make a statement that can be misinterpreted.
    2) If you really do want to add some kind of subtext, use something much more straightforward, e.g. <sarcasm>Stop being such an idiot.</sarcasm>
  • 1) If you don't want to be misinterpreted, don't make a statement that can be misinterpreted.
    Hmm...Let's see here.

"My God, Obama is such an idiot, with all those health care reforms."

That could easily be interpreted as sarcastic or not. There's way too many problems like this in the English language.

But I guess I could use brackets. I just think colors look better, the brackets ruin it even more than the colors, I think. But whatever. I think Green=sarcasm is the only color code necessary, though, any other codes seem even more pointless.
  • edited February 2010
    Back in my day, we had /sarcasm. Just saying.

Oh, and I've been known to greentext too, so yeah, I'm kind of a hypocrite.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited February 2010
    I think everyone should start taking sarcasm a little less seriously.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • But what if someone labels something they actually mean as sarcasm?
  • But what if someone labels something they actually mean as sarcasm?
    Then that's their fault, I guess. I mean...Why would you do that? If you're being sarcastic, you don't mean what you're saying...Therefore, if you meant what you were saying, you weren't being sarcastic. So, labeling it as sarcastic is...Wrong...Yeah.
  • Fine, but green is definitely enough. However, I still hold that there are better indicators.
  • Fine, but green is definitely enough. However, I still hold that there are better indicators.
    As I said, I agree with green being enough. If I remember, I might use another indicator, if it makes you happy and less bothered.
  • Happy? Possibly, if it's amusing. Less bothered? I don't get bothered much.
  • Whatever you say.
  • I just enjoy these kinds of pointless discussions.
  • Yeah, George and I are still in pretty zygote-ish stages, but we're tossing around two ideas:

Catholicism in Anime: You're Doing it Wrong.
    Tentatively a comical panel about angels and priests and Catholic characters in anime, how they don't represent the faith or its messages at all. i'm hoping to delve lightly into shinto-ism and using it as a basis for how Catholicism gets molded to the Shinto-standard.

Secondly, a spoof on info-mercials, introducing A.I.'s and O.S.'s, that make life easier. Basically pitching every evil computer system to the audience. Want something to watch over your house? Skynet. Want a system that will oversee your daily routines? Hal from 2001: Space Odyssey. Like George said, still very very new ideas, but we want to step it up a notch from last year.

Of course I'd always submit my standard hour-long stand-up panel, unless it's finally time to dub some hentai.
  • Hearing about that first panel makes me really want to hear what you have to say about Ninja Resurrection. (a.k.a. the hilarious misadventures of Japanese Jesus)
  • Don't forget to submit panels! ^_~ We're going to be scheduling the first round of them soon.
  • Don't forget to submit panels! ^_~ We're going to be scheduling the first round of them soon.
    When's the deadline?
  • We're going to be scheduling the first round of them soon.
    When is "soon"?
  • When is "soon"?
    When's the deadline?
    Who is Spain?
    How was Trump at Munich?
    Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?
  • edited April 2010
    Where is the milkman?
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on