This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tools for organizing

edited November 2009 in Technology
I need a tool to organize tasks, keep a schedule for different people at the same time, with alerts, etc. It needs to run as a standalone minimized on the task bar and not depend on having an internet connection and be able to export the data if needed to.

Anyone here has any recommendations of something they currently use or have used in the past? I just want to avoid going through all the freewares/sharewares/warez etc.

Comments

• Remember the Milk is pretty handy and can run offline. Also, syncs nicely with my Black Berry.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    If you use iGoogle, there is a little memo tool there that is just as good.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I was using Remember the Milk, and I liked it a lot. However, I've found that Google Tasks suits my needs equally, so I only paid for RTM once, and then stopped.
  • Google Tasks also syncs to iPhone, if that's of consequence. I'll probably start using it, looks handy as hell.
  • Google Tasks also syncs to iPhone, if that's of consequence. I'll probably start using it, looks handy as hell.
    How can you do this?
    How can you do this?
    Well, upon further inspection, the blog I read decided that "sync" is synonymous with "has a page specially formatted for iPhone." However, if you're still interested, it's essentially a little applet that makes task management from an iPhone easier. The page to bookmark would be http://mail.google.com/tasks/iphone. It looks like it might be poop, though.
  • edited November 2009
    Well, upon further inspection, the blog I read decided that "sync" is synonymous with "has a page specially formatted for iPhone." However, if you're still interested, it's essentially a little applet that makes task management from an iPhone easier. The page to bookmark would behttp://mail.google.com/tasks/iphone. It looks like it might be poop, though.
    Yeah, I already knew that. RTM actually has an app that actually does sync. Google Tasks does not.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited November 2009
    RTM actually has an app that actually does sync.
    See, I would pay for the app, but I wouldn't pay for the service. I wish I could just choose to pay for the app instead of buying a pro account. I don't want any of the other extras, just the app.

EDIT: Wow. I should have read that last post aloud.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The GTD community also is quite fond of (Read: Climaxes every time it's mentioned) Evernote. I've been giving it ago, and while it's decent, it's nothing special.