This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime LA 2010

edited November 2009 in Conventions
My friend and I have committed to going this year. Anyone thinking about it?

Comments

• The fact that they put an accent over the e at the end of anime gives me great doubts about this convention.
  • The fact that they put an accent over the e at the end of anime gives me great doubts about this convention.
    Yeah. I noticed that. -_-'
  • Doesn't "anime" come from a French word basically meaning animated?
    animer Verb, transitive (a) to lead a discussion, business; to liven up a party, bring a painting to life; to drive a rocket; (fig) urge a runner on, drive, impel feelings

Present
    j' anime, tu animes, il/elle anime, nous animons, vous animez, ils/elles animent
    Imperfect
    j' animais, tu animais, il/elle animait, nous animions, vous animiez, ils/elles animaient
    Future
    j' animerai, tu animeras, il/elle animera, nous animerons, vous animerez, ils/elles animeront
    Perfect
    j' ai animé, tu as animé, il/elle a animé, nous avons animé, vous avez animé, ils/elles ont animé
    And from Wikipedia,
    English-language texts sometimes spell anime as animé (as in French), with an acute accent over the final e, to cue the reader to pronounce the letter, not to leave it silent as English orthography might suggest.
    Certainly not standard, but still defensible, I think.
  • It may just be there to help the layman with pronunciation.

Still, I hear that it's a very well-run con. Considering that our biggest con out here is professionally-run Anime Expo, that's a pretty big compliment.
  • Still, I hear that it's a very well-run con. Considering that our biggest con out here is professionally-run Anime Expo, that's a pretty big compliment.
    Wait there is a convention on the west coast other then San Diego Comic con, PAX and Anime Expo? ^_^