This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atheist Dollars?

edited November 2009 in Everything Else
I'm constantly being attacked around campus by people trying to give me "Jesus dollars", fake $1,000,000 bills with messages about burning in hell written around the boarder. I know about the atheist and FSM pamphlets, but I was wondering if anyone knows if anyone has ever made a parody dollar for atheists. I'd like to keep them in my pocket as I walk around to give to people when they try to hand me their Jesus dollars.

Comments

• You could always try Monopoly money. They're about equivalent in actual value.
  • The guys on the Good Atheist podcast were talking about this very issue. They were going to design the very thing. You should email them and ask if they were just shit-talking.
  • edited November 2009
    You could always try Monopoly money. They're about equivalent in actual value.
    What? Monopoly money is worth way more. It's well-suited to playing a game, however crappy that game may be. It also comes in sensible denominations.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Give them pages from the bible you've uses to blow your nose. Then tell them how you've had a revelation about the modern usage of religion.
  • 1. Carry a lighter.
    2. Ignite dollars.
    3. ?
    4. Profit.
  • with messages about burning in hell written around the boarder.
    Someone is being the biggest douche in the world, scripturally that is so wrong. Maybe if you see them again you should inform them that they are only teaching *fire insurance religion* and destroying any hope of an intellectual realization of an religion ever. Or slap them, I would enjoy both.
  • Can we just remove "In God We Trust" from all actual dollars. Seriously, I do not trust God to manage my money. All of his preachers seem to be constantly asking for more and more money. Can't God learn to curb his spending? I mean, God already owns the Universe, does God really need anything else?
  • Can we just remove "In God We Trust" from all actual dollars. Seriously, I do not trust God to manage my money. All of his preachers seem to be constantly asking for more and more money. Can't God learn to curb his spending? I mean, God already owns the Universe, does God really need anything else?
    ALL THE OTHER UNIVERSES.
  • You could always try Monopoly money. They're about equivalent in actual value.
    What? Monopoly money is worthwaymore. It's well-suited to playing a game, however crappy that game may be. It also comes in sensible denominations.
    I suppose you're right. Having sensible denominations is key to a legitimate currency system.

Now this is pretty much equivalent to a Jesus dollar. And yes, this is a real bill.
    ALL THE OTHER UNIVERSES.
    Is that why He forces children to fight each other with giant robots? Wait, no, I'm thinking of the wrong set of universes.
  • edited November 2009
    Is that why He forces children to fight each other with giant robots? Wait, no, I'm thinking of the wrong set of universes.
    Are you? Are you really sure?
    Post edited by loltsundere on
  • When I worked as a bank teller I collected pre-1950 bills. Before 1950 or so none of our currency included the words "In God we Trust". The slogan was added during the Red Scare.
  • You can't stop people giving useless crap by giving more useless crap.
    QFT
  • I don't think the goal is to get them to stop as much as it is to be mean. :P
  • edited November 2009

Nowthisis pretty much equivalent to a Jesus dollar. And yes, this is a real bill.
    Seriously. One hundred trillion dollars and the best thing that they can get as a picture is some rocks. I hope that doesn't tell about it's value. "This note is worth tree big stones."
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • I just show people my Discordian pope card. Throws 'em for a loop, doesn't waste paper.
  • As someone alluded to earlier, the Atheist cash register:
  • As someone alluded to earlier, the Atheist cash register:
    Or just the in-possession-of-common-sense cash register.
  • Seriously. One hundred trillion dollars and the best thing that they can get as a picture is some rocks. I hope that doesn't tell about it's value. "This note is worth tree big stones."
    Using today's exchange rate, this bill (which is no longer in circulation) is worth about a quarter. That might get you a bag of pebbles.
    QFT
    I'm not trying to make anyone stop anything, only to create some funnies out of an otherwise annoying situation.
  • edited November 2009
    Using today's exchange rate, this bill (which is no longer in circulation) is worth about a quarter. That might get you a bag of pebbles.
    Fun fact: When Mugabe tried to "reboot" the Zimbabwe dollar, he thought he could make the economy stronger by making the USD to Zimbabwe Dollar exchange rate one-to-one, which he did by enforcing it through martial law. Unfortunately, he could only enforce that ridiculous notion within his own country. The result was that people caught flights over to Zimbabwe with 100 British pounds in their pockets, and came home with titles to BMWs.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Give him some Hell Notes instead, Chinese funeral money, or joss paper:

There are examples you can buy that look like Euros or American dollars.
  • A friend of mine brought some Hell Bank Notes to a frat party, on a whim. They wanted to charge $5 admission. So, he slipped them one of the notes and asked for change. The frat payed him $5 to attend their party.
  • When you're offered those Jesus Dollars, take out some gum, unwrap it, eat the gum, give them the wrapper. Then proceed to kick ass.
  • When you're offered those Jesus Dollars, take out some gum, unwrap it, eat the gum, give them the wrapper. Then proceed to kick ass.
    Approves.
  • I'd like to think that we are a little bit above handing out fake dollar bills to promote beliefs.
  • About a year ago, when I awoke from the abyss of my faith, I was slightly bitter, and would often quote the song Heresy by Nine Inch Nails ("If there is a hell, I'll see you there.") when people pulled this stunt. Since then, I've mellowed quite a bit, and instead hand them a printout I save for these occasions: Dear Believer. It often elicits two reactions: 1)They leave me alone for the duration of their stunt, or 2)They faint.

Alright, I'll admit I'm being hyperbolic. But it does usually work. If there is a "true believer", though, I just throw their tracts in the bin where they can see, and ignore them.
  • edited November 2009
    I think the next time I have a bill shoved in my face I'll just say "Is that counterfeit!?" loudly enough for everyone around to hear.
    Post edited by Sail on