This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Lindbergh Kidnapping and other controversial crimes with equally controversial outcomes

GeoGeo
edited November 2009 in Everything Else
While surfing around today, somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind I was reminded of a crime that I did extensive research on, on my own just because I was so interested and wanted to learn everything about it: The Kidnapping of Charles Lindbergh's Son. When I first read about this kidnapping, I was like "What!? I gotta find out more about this". And so I did, I used the internet (back in 2002) to search everything I could about this crime. I looked up multiple pages of evidence, complete transcripts of every trial and court session of this, and more. I even tracked down a few made-for-tv movies of this thing (which were pretty bad in my opinion) because I obsessed over this. I did so again today now that everything on the internet is made so much easier with Google Video and torrents and I gotta say I'm just as angry at the outcome as I was 7 years ago. Hauptmann never to die like that especially considering how shittily handled the case was.

Do any of you know any crimes that still have memorable controversy as well as equally controversial outcomes? If so, would you please share what you can about them.