This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

After School

edited November 2009 in Everything Else
So recently I have been thinking about what I do after I get out of the rich kid farm hell that is my school. My teachers tell me that I have predicted grades of 35-37 for my IB Diploma, doing Chemistry, Physics and English A as higher level subjects. I am also dong Psychology, Maths Standard and Italian as standard level subjects. This is a mark good enough to get me into all but the very top tier universities (Oxford and Cambridge), but I don't care about being a Cambridge boy, and want to stay in London for university. My English Lit teacher, whom I respect very much, has advised me do to Philosophy of Science and Computer Sciences or the like.

However

I wanna see the world before I pack off for University, like go to America, work for 6 months and see the sights. As you are probably the most insightful ivory tower on the Internet, I would like to get me some advice (and have some spelling mistakes pointed out ) from you guys on these plans!

Comments

• A very westernized idea that people will tell you is that you need to go get your higher learning done as quickly as possible in order to get a jump-start on your life and to be successful in the job market.

Those people are full of shit. Drop yourself in the middle of New York City and get overwhelmed by culture shock. You'll be glad you did for the rest of your life.
  • Chicago and New York will kick your ass and make a brilliant man out of you. My high school years tempered me in the fires of West Side Chicago. Nothing else can better prepare you for the craziness of the world.