This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Transformers the movie

edited August 2006 in Everything Else
Not sure is anyone cares but here is are some pics of the upcomning live action film.

Bumblebee Robot

Robot freezer burn?!?!

Prime Vechile

Autobot Group Shot Vechile modes

Comments

• Didn't they change the Volkswagon bug guy into something else?
  • This is a sunopsis of the live chat the went on today with the writers of the TF movie (source TF2005):

Teaser Trailer Shown First

Character Names:

Autobots:
    Optimus Prime - Classic Prime type character. True hero of the Autobots.
    Bumblebee - Underdog type character. The scout. Smallest of the gang. (Spike mentioned)
    Jazz - Rock n' roll style character.
    Ratchet - New form. Emergency vehicle. Medical officer/Science officer. Repairs Transformers injured in battle.
    Ironhide - Optimus' oldest friend. Gritty

Decepticons:
    Megatron - Survival of fittest. Less idealistic version of humanity.
    Starscream - 2-faced. Secretly plotting to overthrow Megatron. Doesn't neccassarily want Megatron's duties, but wants to be leader.
    Brawl - Pissed off Decepticon. Heavy lifter. One of the first ones not from G1. More experemental with Decepticons. More G1 styled characters to come with sequals.
    Bonecrusher - Closest to constructicon. Hates all other Decepticons except for Megatron.
    Barricade - Hunter type. Cop car, likes to get to things first.
    Skorponok - closest to a beast era type of character.
    Frenzy - Character who evolved from Soundwave. Had contradictions to the original Soundwave, so they changed him to Frenzy. Smaller form. Stealth spy.
    Blackout - Takes out ability to fight back. Likes to pulse blast electronics. First tier attacker. Transport, one of the biggest decepticons in the movie.

Question and Answer Session:

What did you know about TF's before?
    They were fans from the begining. Wanted to do movie right. Wanted to make sure the things they loved from G1 made it into movie, such as Prime. Both big G1 cartoon fans.

What's the Transformers to human ration in terms of screen time?
    Script floating around is not finished script. More Transformers action than what most fans expected. Very close to 50/50 in terms of screen time.

Why is Bumblebee a Camaro?
    Needed for design changes. Character is more important than the "cloths". Bublebee will be very close to his original character. Close relationship with Spike. No cheating in the transformation. No size shifiting. What you see is what the vehicle is.

From a female - How is this movie going to open the eyes of fans who never watched Transformers?
    You won't need to know anything about TF's to enjoy the movie. Fans will notice alot more and will appeal to them a bit more. Movie is massive. Approaching the film how Spielberg approached Jurrasic Park. Girls will like the "hot guys". There are cool, smart women in the film. Film for everyone.

Will Megatron insult at leat once?
    Yes...multiple times. The relationship between the two will be much like G1.

Why are there so few Autobots compared to Decepticons?
    Wanted Autobots to be outnumbered and at a major disadvantage. Makes it have very intense action scenes. Decepticons firepower far outweighs the Autobots. You will see and feel the sense and scope ofthe Cybertronian war.

How closely has Hasbro been involved in the character design process?
    Very closely. Sat with the design team. Looked through all Transformers catalogs and talked extensively with the design team about what is important. Trying to overcome the perception of a "toy commercial". Tried to use the history to their advantage.

They talk about monitoring the boards to see reaction.

Who would win in a street fight Optimus or Megatron?
    You will find out.

Why no Shockwave?
    Too many characters, tried to choose important characters who could focus o nthe story. Door open for possible future appearance.

Laser blasts or bullets and missles?
    In earth modes, they have earth style weapons. But Cybertronian technology (pulse blasts) come into play while in robot form.

Bumblee as a Camaro asked again.
    Explained again at greater length.

Video Cuts out...Technical difficulties.

Fans will know first via TF movie.com.

How do you feel about Bay directing?
    Great. They felt Bay was the right guy for the job. Was their first choice. When they pitched it to him, his eyes lit up. He wanted to really know about the story and characters. Bay trusted Orci and Kurtzman to keep the perspective of the fans. They feel Bay is keeping things great. Bay knows vehicles like no other director.

Can you tell us about any other voices?
    Not yet. They called it a Work in progress right now.

That's all for now. They will be involved at Transformersmovie.com Message Board.

Contest coming soon:
    Submit a line that Optimus Prime MUST say for the film. Winning entry will be recited by Cullen (Prime) for the movie.
  • Didn't they change the Volkswagon bug guy into something else?
    Yes. Since VW utterly refuses to have any of their products show in anything even remotely looking like war, the writers made him a Camaro. He will start out as a '67 camaro (I could be wrong on the date) and will then get an upgrade to an '08 version. I very much like the new version of the Camaro, it is much awesome.
  • Yes. Since VW utterly refuses to have any of their products show in anything even remotely looking like war, the writers made him a Camaro. He will start out as a '67 camaro (I could be wrong on the date) and will then get an upgrade to an '08 version. I very much like the new version of the Camaro, it is much awesome.
    I hear it has flame decals. How is that equivalent to a cute little VW bug? I vote for an Audi TT instead.
  • No. The flame decal is on Prime. Bumblebee is straight up yellow with a black stripe.
  • From a VW bug to a camaro??? WTF???

They should have made him a GEO Metro or something of that nature...
  • Grrr, no shockwave.
  • I'm glad the Prime = firetruck rumors were bupkis. Although I'm not to crazy about the flame job. The truth is in the final product, though, so I don't dwell on it too much until I see it in the theaters.
  • Grrr, no shockwave.
    Yeah well. You can't have the four biggest 'cons in the first movie. Megs, Starscream AND Scorponok all in the first one. Something happens to Megs, then Shockwave comes in for the second movie.
  • I'm sure IDW's Spotlight on Shockwave will tide me over.
  • edited August 2006
    Pics just released! All links go to my flickr. The site these pics are from is really getting hammered right now. Thanks TFW2005.com

Optimus Prime GC Model

Scorponok GC Model (no robot mode)

Starscream Toy Prototype

Blackout CG Model

Blackout Toy Prototype
    Post edited by baltmatrix on
  • edited August 2006
    I am exceedingly excited about the movie, though the fact that Michael Bay has a hand in it scares me to no end.
    After Pearl Harbor I wouldn't trust Bay with another period flick, much less a sizeable chunk of my increasingly Hollywood-corrupted childhood.
    *shrugs* Either way, there's little left to do now but hope against hope that it's good.
    Post edited by Hasbro on
  • Those are cool, if way overcomplicated models. I think the flames really do complement Optimus: They make him look more badass, while not really changing his robot-mode color scheme.
  • I can't wait for "Captain Planet: The Movie". I loved that show.