This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It Bears Repeating

2»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    foie gras
    milkshakes.
    I am still recovering from the mere idea of that awesomeness.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Try chocolate and peanut butter. GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR!
    Yes, but I don't mix chocolate ICE CREAM with peanut butter ICE CREAM. I put actual peanut butter in my chocolate ice cream. Good stuff.
    We've got an ice cream for that.
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    foie gras
    A foie gras milkshake? That sounds vile.
  • That sounds vile.
    Sound is an entirely different sense than taste, Pete. Sea Urchin gonads sound vile too, but Uni is like a party on your tongue.
  • Not all ice cream that is made with liquid nitrogen is Dippin' Dots. You can make normal ice cream that way.
  • Not all ice cream that is made with liquid nitrogen is Dippin' Dots. You can make normal ice cream that way.
    But then it will just be rock hard and impossible to eat.
  • Or because -29 degrees Celsius is the representative temperature of the future.
    You sayin' the future is cool man? ARE YA?
    Sound is an entirely different sense than taste
    If you have synaesthesia they COULD be one and the same in your brains. I wish I could experience what tastes look like.
    But then it will just be rock hard and impossible to eat.
    Not really, chef Symon (Iron Chef America) has made ice cream with liquid nitrogen, and it looks smooth.
  • Or because -29 degrees Celsius is the representative temperature of the future.
    You sayin' the future is cool man? ARE YA?
    Absolutely. All my scientific knowledge is based on the movie The Day After Tomorrow.
    If you have synaesthesia they COULD be one and the same in your brains. I wish I could experience what tastes look like.
    Right, but a food whose *concept* is disgusting wouldn't taste disgusting as a result. That's not how synaesthesia works.
  • Absolutely. All my scientific knowledge is based on the movie The Day After Tomorrow.
    Sweet, it's cool man, we're cool.
    Right, but a food whose *concept* is disgusting wouldn't taste disgusting as a result. That's not how synaesthesia works.
    I never said synaesthesia worked that way. :<
  • I never said synaesthesia worked that way.:<</strong>
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about in in terms of the foie gras milkshake still. I would also like to experience synaesthesia, but somehow I doubt that'll happen.
  • Not really, chef Symon (Iron Chef America) has made ice cream with liquid nitrogen, and it looks smooth.
    From what my chef acquaintances have told me, ice cream made with liquid nitrogen is smoother because the speed of the freezing process forms smaller ice crystals.
  • Try chocolate and peanut butter. GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR!
    Yes, but I don't mix chocolate ICE CREAM with peanut butter ICE CREAM. I put actual peanut butter in my chocolate ice cream. Good stuff.
    You're right. Clearly, we need to be using liquid nitrogen to freeze peanut butter as well.
    edited December 2009
    I would also like to experience synaesthesia, but somehow I doubt that'll happen.
    We will just have to use anime SCIENCE. Drink experimental drug, become an albino with super synaesthesia, hack computers BY LOOKING AT A SCREEN! Though that'll cost you your synaesthesia prowess. For a while. (These are actually spoilers for an existing, entertaining, anime)
    Post edited by ... on
  • Sounds good; we'll do it. FOR SCIENCE, of course.
  • This is also a place that sells a $45 burger consisting of grade A5 imported japanese kobe, seared foie gras, truffle oil, b&b; pickles, and red wine syrup.
    Who buys these?! What is the point? I understand about the beef, but foie gras? Truffle oil? Yeesh!
  • Who buys these?! What is the point? I understand about the beef, but foie gras? Truffle oil? Yeesh!
    That actually sounds delicious. I'd pay upwards of $15 for it with no qualms. I wouldn't pay more, though.
  • I'd pay upwards of $15 for it with no qualms.
    : more than : in excess of
    I wouldn't pay more, though.
    :P
  • I'd pay upwards of $15 for it with no qualms. I wouldn't pay more, though.
    Wut? What trogdor just said. Wut? Going up from a number results in the new number being more. X+|Y| > X for every Y.
  • edited December 2009
    X+|Y| > X for every Y.
    That's not true. (e.g. Y = 0)
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Er. I'd pay up to $15, I meant. AH NEEDS TO LERN MAH ENGLISHES.
    edited December 2009
    Fuck, single, MOST OBVIOUS, corner case, and I forget to take it into account. :facepalms:

OFFICIAL ERRATA BY HE WHO MADE THE MISTAKE ORIGINALLY: "Y" MUST READ "NON-ZERO Y"! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. In this thread we all grow less stupid.
    Post edited by ... on
  • In this thread we all grow less stupid.
    Yay!