This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Memorable Posts (AKA: The Remembering Good/Bad/Sad Times Thread)

GeoGeo
edited January 2010 in Forum Game
There are so many threads in this forum it is, but nevertheless many posts over the years has provided all of us with humor, pain, and disgust. If you remember a particularly memorable post in the forum, post it here, and credit the writer of said post. One at a time please.

I'll start with this one which was an angsty post of mine that was transformed into hilarity.
Posted By: Sonic

*rose petals flutter around Emily* Emily-Sempai...*turns head to the side, face half shadowed* I don't know what to say. *single tear* I..I'll do it. I feel kinda stupid that such motivation could just change my mind just like that...but that's what I needed. *Raises head, two solid streams of tears flowing down. fist clenched infront of chest* I'll do it, regardless of what happens. If I lose and something bad happens because of it, at least I lived my dreams and finally made something or some things that I was proud of. If I get big, hooray for me.

*dramatic turn to face apethetic FRC forumites* To everyone else, *Dramatic bow* I'm sorry I wasted your time with all my moping! *runs off into the distance*

Comments

• Meta thread is meta...
  • "Waddums, don't feed the troll" -Kate
  • "Meta thread is meta... " -Andrew
    Look what are you guys trying to say, I don't understand?
    Look what are you guys trying to say, I don't understand?
    "Obvious statement is obvious." - Sonic
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    Oh...is being meta concerning the forum a problem/bad thing?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    Oh...is being meta concerning the forum a problem/bad thing?
    Look guys, I'm being serious. Is what I'm doing not good? I really don't know what is going on. Some clarification if you please?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Double posting and quoting your own previous post only 12 minutes later is a bad thing. :)
  • . We should start and internet band. I could record some random drum parts and you could play something coherent over it.
  • There are so many threads in this forum it is, but nevertheless many posts over the years has provided all of us with humor, pain, and disgust. If you remember a particularly memorable post in the forum, post it here, and credit the writer of said post. One at a time please.

I'll start with this one which was an angsty post of mine that was transformed into hilarity.

*rose petals flutter around Emily* Emily-Sempai...*turns head to the side, face half shadowed* I don't know what to say. *single tear* I..I'll do it. I feel kinda stupid that such motivation could just change my mind just like that...but that's what I needed. *Raises head, two solid streams of tears flowing down. fist clenched infront of chest* I'll do it, regardless of what happens. If I lose and something bad happens because of it, at least I lived my dreams and finally made something or some things that I was proud of. If I get big, hooray for me.

*dramatic turn to face apethetic FRC forumites* To everyone else, *Dramatic bow* I'm sorry I wasted your time with all my moping! *runs off into the distance*
  • This reminds me of Meridian, MS back in 1986 when I was watching a barbed wire cage tag team match between the Fantastics and the Sheepherders...
  • Cool spamming, guys.
  • This reminds me of Meridian, MS back in 1986 when I was watching a barbed wire cage tag team match between the Fantastics and the Sheepherders...
    Are you starting a Munchausen? Perhaps a BRICK STONEWALL?

...Please tell me that you are doing this.
  • Let's move some fucking goalpoasts.
  • Nostalgia for comments on a forum that one could easily go back and read and comment on? I don't understand the purpose of this.
  • Nostalgia for comments on a forum that one could easily go back and read and comment on? I don't understand the purpose of this.
    Simple. It's a filter.

You could go back and read every comment on the forum to find good ones, or you could let people get them for you.
    Think of it as a consolidation of what we consider the most memorable moments in the forum. It is so tedious to search for those memorable quotes, hence this thread's creation.
  • Figured you might be feeling a bit homesick.
  • So this is a "best of the forum" thread.
    This is lame.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    So this is a "best of the forum" thread.
    This is lame.
    How is lame? Would you care to elaborate on that?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Well, obviously this forum is so lame that even the cream of the crop is still lame.
  • Obviously, I'm so lame, that I just make this whole place reek of lame-osity. In fact, that last made up word was totally fail.
  • So this is a "best of the forum" thread.
    This is lame.
    I agree. This is such a small forum, there's no use for a thread like this. I could understand if there were like a thousand or even a few hundred posters here, or if the forum had a longer history, but as it is I can count the number of active members of the forum on my fingers and toes without counting a toe twice. The purpose of this thread is - for lack of a better term - awfully masturbatory.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    You're right, now that I think about it, this is just another case of my stream of consciousness coming into play.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Okay, since we all think it's lame, time to weigh anchor and let this puppy sink. Time to add a closed tag to the title, ne?
  • Okay, since we all think it's lame, time to weigh anchor and let this puppy sink. Time to add a closed tag to the title, ne?
    Sink it like the Titanic