This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

12 Months 24 Gloves

edited January 2010 in Art!
So, I started this year with a small project, to knit a different pair of gloves each month to see if I can start being more proactive and less procrastinating and also build up my skill towards a bigger project I have with a couple of friends.

So, its simple, if you want a pair of gloves, all you need to do is send me a picture of your extended hand parallel and perpendicular to a ruler (cm preferred) to papionda at gmail. Also you should note if you are allergic to any type of fabric and what colors you DON'T like.

As per styles, you don't get to pick, but it will range from fingerless to mittens.

All gloves will be sent via snail mail inside a manila envelope, so shipping worldwide will be both possible and cheap, I'll also be using cheap local yarns so each pair will only be like $4 to make.

I already have the first 3 slots taken, but there is space for 9 more, and if my skills improve to the point that I'll be able to knit a couple of pairs per month, then more requests will be taken.

Offer stands for both male and females, you only need a shipping address and a picture of your hand :D

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'll also need a picture of you using the gloves and permission to post them in deviant art and facebook.

Comments

• Reserve a slot for me. I just need to find a ruler...
  • I'm in, I don't like light colors. Will post hand soon.
  • Got 2 emails 5 spots left.
  • I like the sound of this, I'd like to be in for sure. I'll have the e-mail to you ASAP.
  • send me a picture
    picture of you using the gloves
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Drat, must obtain some means of making digital pictures.

This sounds incredibly awesome MrRoboto. I'm looking forward to the results. Best of luck. Also, I dislike any colour within the range of black to white.
  • send me a picture
    picture of you using the gloves
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Drat, must obtain some means of making digital pictures.

This sounds incredibly awesome MrRoboto. I'm looking forward to the results. Best of luck. Also, I dislike any colour within the range of black to white.
    The picture makes for easier reference, but you can always take the measures yourself, I'll post an image later when I get home indicating the measurements that I need.
  • I'll post an image later when I get home indicating the measurements that I need.
    These, right?
    imageimage
  • well, I need the wrist, the with at the knuckles, length between your thumb and your index finger knuckle and the length of your thumbs first phalange.
  • well, I need the wrist, the with at the knuckles, length between your thumb and your index finger knuckle and the length of your thumbs first phalange.
    That actually makes it easier, Because I can give far better measurements than if I send a photo and you read them off that.
    That actually makes it easier, Because I can give far better measurements than if I send a photo and you read them off that.
    Either way works fine for me, just thought the pic might be easier if you have a cam at hand