This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Should I drop the Cielmort moniker?

edited February 2010 in Everything Else
I think it's about time I retire this ancient name of mine.

I'm thinking about using a new moniker: Oscelesti, which basically means "O wicked ones" in Latin.

Comments

• Why the hell are you asking us? Count the number of names I used here. Then count the number of threads I made asking if I should use the new name. It's your choice, go nuts!
  • I've been using "Sonic" for 10 years now and I think staying consistent makes the name mean more. But if you want to change yours, go for it.
  • As long as you use the same avatar for a while, I don't think anyone cares.
  • If you're bored with your name, change it. Simple as that.
  • edited February 2010
    When I am bored with my name I change versions.
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • There's a value in consistency. I've been using "schezar" since the 90s (since "Rym" is too short for most places), and I have no plans to ever change it. It leaves a nice trail to my personal antiquity.
  • When I am bored with my name I change versions.
    What he said.
  • Yea I literally only have two handles both of which I've been using since the 90's. I get annoyed when people change their handles. The point of handles is so I can easily identify you. That's why I still call Lord yupa and Nine and HMTKsteve all by there original name. YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE YOUR PAST!
    edited February 2010
    YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE YOUR PAST!
    It is because I'm known as Nine that I feel fine changing my username here. Also:
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Oh, so that's where your name comes from.
  • I change mine from time to time on the forum, but I think most people know that any variant on Kate/Mrs. MacRoss = me. I keep my handles to a minimum and consistent in other communication pools. It is simply easier that way.
  • I used to have a billion different monikers, all crazy and ridiculous (some composed of random word collisions), when I was a punk kid.

Then I got to my junior year of high school, went, "Oh shit, this is all wildly impractical," and now I'm trying to stick to WindUpBird or one of a very select handful wherever possible.
  • edited February 2010
    I only went by Cielmort, I have briefly used other names, but that's all within this forum, and all, but a few of them are variations of Cielmort. Which is why I want another handle.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • If you change the handle, could you at least keep your icon the same to make the transition easier? It helps for those of us who are bad at keeping track of people.
  • I'm keeping my username here, I just wanted to start a conversation about using more than one handle on the Internet. I like the euphemism my name holds at the moment. I'm going to start using other names besides Cielmort, all i meant to say.
  • YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE YOUR PAST!
    It is because I'm known as Nine that I feel fine changing my username here. Also:

God dammit, Nineless. I can't get that video out of my head!
  • There's a value in consistency. I've been using "schezar" since the 90s (since "Rym" is too short for most places), and I have no plans to ever change it. It leaves a nice trail to my personal antiquity.
    What did I say?
  • I used to go by a different username, but in late 2006 I changed to Diddgery, which I have stuck with ever since and use pretty much everywhere. The only reason I changed my username was because it was just a pig-latin version of my full name, and I decided I'd rather not give out that sort of information out everywhere. So I can understand changing your username if it's that sort of thing... or, like, if your original username was something like "KawaiiNarutoFan_1623."
  • I used to be "Sir Lagalot" (when I was on dial-up), then I was "death's apprentice", and now I am "lackofcheese".
  • SINCE YOU HAVE ALL GOTTEN USED TO MY USERNAME, I THOUGHT I'LL MOVE ON. I'LL BE BLUNT AND HONEST THIS TIME. IT SPEAKS THE TRUTH. IT'S MY NEW USERNAME. ENJOY.
  • Your new icon makes me want to have a tiny seizure.
  • Very good. Also, I would like to inform you people that you may refer to me as the AFA and OMG. You'd be speaking the truth, now I just need to make an avatar that embodies this righteous grandeur.
    I also haven't slept in roughly 40 hours.
  • Hey, nine? No offense, but I hate your new avatar and name. It hurts my eyes. Bring back Daniel.
  • edited February 2010
    Hey, nine? No offense, but I hate your new avatar and name. It hurts my eyes. Bring back Daniel.
    Seconded!
    That avatar is painful. I don't care what you call yourself, as I will always call you Nine, but that avatar really is annoying.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited February 2010
    Wait, am I the only one who add-blocked it?
    I personally think "Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh" would be a better name. It's the opening line of the old soviet national anthem.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I, for one, happen to like the new flashy mushroom.
  • I still remember most of my previous handles going as far back as the Moo chat days. I've always liked being able to slap on new moniker every other year or so.
  • Moo chat
    OMG I remember that!
  • Your new icon makes me want to have a tiny seizure.
    Thirded. Why not go by Nine?