This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Online board game sites

edited February 2010 in Board Games
Hey all,

For my birthday I got a few board games, namely Formula D, Power Grid (been playing power grid forever, but never had my own copy), and Munchkin Quest. Inside the Formula D box was an ad for Racer Line, an online version of Formula D (that appears to be dead).

I asked around last board game night and here is a small list of sites whereby you can play board games online:

BrettspielWelt. German site but has an English client that works well. Has many games, including Dominion (with some expansion cards), Carcassone, Pandemic, Power Grid, Bohnanza, etc.

Formula De Online. French site (no English translation) where you can play Formula D online.

KGS. Play the board game "Go" online.

POGO. Has some mainstream games like monopoly. Free to play, but has video ads that you have to watch and interrupt the game.

I think that these sites are a great way to play a game before buying it or play a game that you like but your friends' hate (e.g. Illuminati). Has anyone tried any of these or do you have any others to add to the list?

Comments

• BoardGameGeek. You can play Tigris & Euphrates, Ticket to Ride, Gang of Four, Fist of Dragonstones, and Queen's Necklace there. The latter four are also playable at the Days of Wonder website, with some restrictions if you haven't bought one of their games and registered.

Game designer Michael Schacht has also made some of his games playable on his website.
  • BoardGameGeek.You can play Tigris & Euphrates, Ticket to Ride, Gang of Four, Fist of Dragonstones, and Queen's Necklace there. The latter four are also playable at theDays of Wonder website, with some restrictions if you haven't bought one of their games and registered.

Game designer Michael Schacht has also made some of his games playable on hiswebsite.
    Wow, I knew about BGG but I didn't know it had online play, thanks!
  • www.gametableonline.com <--- has tigris and euphrates, axis and allies, and about a dozen others.

www.wargameroom.com <--- quite a few custom modules that enforce rules.