This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Flip Camera Art!

2»

Comments

• Format FactoryIs a good multimedia converter.
    Mediacoderis good and open-source.
    Whoah whoah whoah. Those are both totally shady-looking programs right there. If you want to convert audio/video from one codec to another, there are two programs that always work.

Handbrake and mencoder.
  • Format FactoryIs a good multimedia converter.
    Mediacoderis good and open-source.
    Whoah whoah whoah. Those are both totally shady-looking programs right there. If you want to convert audio/video from one codec to another, there are two programs that always work.

Handbrake and mencoder.Really, Scott? Because Mediacoder's page has a host of recommendations from some very authoritative sources, all with proper citations.
  • Handbrake falls down by not including batch conversion. I've been looking at Cyberlink MediaEspresso, doesn't cost too much and has full GPU decoding support.
  • Compressor's really good at this conversion business. Comes as part of the Final Cut package.
  • edited December 2010
    It's been pretty well established that Scott's standards for what does and does not constitute a "shady program" are pretty high.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • edited December 2010
    The web sites for both of those are totally shady looking. Not worth the risk when there are trusted alternatives. Also, handbrake has batch conversion. I've used it. Also, learn to use mencoder on the command line like a real man. Why pay money when there are perfect free solutions?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited December 2010
    Handbrake cannot add more than one file at once, this means it does not have useable batch conversion.
    Command lines.. COMMAND LINES?! PERFECT SOLUTION?!?! FRIDAY?!?!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited December 2010
    If your computer is owned by your employer, then anything that is on that computer, or that you do with that computer, is also your employer's property. Likewise, if you put things that are your employer's property onto a computer that you own, then they may have grounds to take that computer or do what they will with it. Phones are the same story. If you use your personal phone that you pay for, but have things on it that belong to your employer, they can just remotely erase your phone.

You gotta keep 'em separated.
    Oh... I see. Didn't even consider that. Gotta find out if it works like that here or not, and if it's the rules of the employers country or my country that counts.
    Post edited by Aria on
  • edited December 2010
    I just picked up the new Flip UltraHD 8gig, which comes with built in image stabilization. Hopefully I won't have to worry too much about shaking video.
    Post edited by Andrew on