This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Assistant Fire Warden

edited March 2010 in Everything Else
So I've been asked to be back up as an assistant Fire Warden for an upcoming fire-drill. Each floor or each business I think has to have an assigned fire warden and a backup. Anybody ever been a fire warden for their building's fire drills? It all sounds pretty lame like being hall monitor or something.

Comments

• It all sounds pretty lame like being hall monitor or something.
    Yup, it sure is.
  • So I've been asked to be back up as an assistant Fire Warden for an upcoming fire-drill. Each floor or each business I think has to have an assigned fire warden and a backup. Anybody ever been a fire warden for their building's fire drills? It all sounds pretty lame like being hall monitor or something.
    That's pretty much it. Don't worry about anything, it's such an insignificant thing I'm surprised you made a forum thread about it. Basically it's just a hierarchy of information dissemination. Rather than require everyone in your whole office to learn whatever necessary safety stuff, they just make one or two people do it, for the sake of redundancy. Basically, the real fire people just call you, and then you let appropriate people in your office know what they need to know.
  • Use your newfound authority to push people around. Force them to re-arrange desks so that you personally have a clear path to the exit, while everyone else's escapes are obstructed. Rationalize this by claiming that if you don't survive, no one will be able to carry on the legacy of your position.

For bonus points, start a fire. Preferably, on someone's desk or in their trashcan. Claim it's a "controlled burn" to prevent a larger disaster later on.
  • Yes be like Dwight!!!! (that scene is so great)
  • I think I will just demand to get a fire axe and that I need to have it on my persons at all times.
  • I think I will just demand to get a fire axe and that I need to have it on my persons at all times.
    They're heavier then you would think. ~20lbs, I think don't castrate me for being slightly wrong. I got one for my brother a few years ago. He's a beefy bastard, and it's still heavy for him.
    I'd suggest getting a copper axe. It's expensive as hell, but it won't spark.
    Tell them it's to hold off the zombie invasion. I mean, you're the fire warden, right; that could easily be read as "warden of fire" or "fire-wielding warden." You use fire and axes to hold off the zombies. Perfect.
  • edited March 2010
    Or you could just do your job and check to make sure everyone is out of their office, closing doors behind you. I'm pretty sure that is generally what you do.
    Post edited by Nuri on
    Pretend to be Axe Cop.
    Pretend to be Axe Cop.
    "Everybody outside...wait, Psydrozon is outside."
  • Backdraft