This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sony Ericsson

edited August 2006 in Technology
Okay, we all know how most of the members on this forum feel about Sony. A lot of hate and generally bad feelings going around.

I'd like to ask this: What are your opinions of Sony Ericsson mobile phones? Do they suffer from similar over-zealous DRM issues as the future Blu-ray and PS3? or did Sony actually manage to keep one of their divisions evil-free?

Comments

• Okay, we all know how most of the members on this forum feel about Sony. A lot of hate and generally bad feelings going around.

I'd like to ask this: What are your opinions of Sony Ericsson mobile phones? Do they suffer from similar over-zealous DRM issues as the future Blu-ray and PS3? or did Sony actually manage to keep one of their divisions evil-free?
    I don't really know much about Sony Ericsson phones. I don't really know enough about phones at all. You would think I would know more from readnig Engadget, but I don't. I need to get a new smartphone near the end of this year, and I'm totally lost as to what to buy. Motorola Q maybe.
  • I currently have a sony ericsson phone and don't have any problems with it. The one thing you might run into is if you get one of their walkman phones but I honestly don't know for certain. If you are thinking a music phone hybrid I'd strongly suggest you check out Slashphone or some equivalent site before you lay down your money. I tend to find the interfaces to be unbearable clunky but your milage may vary.
  • I too share everyones anti-sony stance, but I have a work issue W810 Walkman phone and its a great phone.
    Its got a 2 mega-pixel camera and a intuitive interface for music playback. I haven't run into any DRM issues either.

I think this phone is a big step towards successfully merging a mp3 player, phone and camera. I've had a treo and blackberry before and numerouse nokias, but this is definitely one of the better phones I've owned.

When the treo has a better camera and dedicated mp3 playback buttons then I would think about switching back.