This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20100323 - PAX East Survival Guide

2»

Comments

• All I have to say is that scrym's advice to avoid the T is quite silly. Aside from the crazy dude who screamed at everyone to wake up, it was perfectly fine.
    As one who has been riding the T for over 10 years now, I can tell you that the MBTA generally sucks.
  • As one who has been riding the T for over 10 years now, I can tell you that the MBTA generally sucks.
    I tend to describe it like this: "It's not WORSE than being punched in the cock by Mike Tyson."
  • As one who has been riding the T for over 10 years now, I can tell you that the MBTA generally sucks.
    I'm not saying it doesn't suck, but it got me where I needed to go for a few dollars. The cab I took to the Hotel was $20+.
    I tend to describe it like this: "It's not WORSE than being punched in the cock by Mike Tyson."
    I once got left behind at Faneuil Hall by a teacher on a Model UN trip. I had to figure out how to take the T back to where the MIT Press bookstore was, alone, during afternoon rush. I was relentlessly mocked by a random woman for wearing a suit and tie.

I'll stick to the CTA, with it's awesome buskers and easy-to-navigate stair-and-tunnel transfers. The walk-through trains and insane Green Line interchange (I recall a cavernous space with a ton of tracks and pathways everywhere, correct me if I'm wrong) are alien to me.
  • (I recall a cavernous space with a ton of tracks and pathways everywhere, correct me if I'm wrong)
    Oh Park Street Station, nobody loves you.

mostly because you suck.