This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My daughter is awesome

edited April 2010 in Everything Else
Not to brag or anything but... my daughter is awesome.

She's been taking art lessons for a while now and has always been very creative. Over the past few weeks she has really been focusing on her art (probably in part due to the divorce) and I have to say she is really moving forward.

In the past few weeks she has begun making youtube videos. Nothing extravagant but she is doing some editing and has become aware of light levels, sound levels, and proper framing techniques.

A few days ago we purchased a wacom for her and a copy of Photoshop Elements 8. Before this she would work with a mouse to do computer drawings but now she is doing even better. To top it off the wacom board came with a coupon for a cafepress store and, yup, she now is building a cafepress store to sell her work.

~~Moonshadow's Wonderful Art~~

I expect most of the purchases will be me buying her stuff with her art on them but hey, she's only 11 and she is turning into an entrepreneur!

Right now she uses an older Cannon camera for taking videos but I was thinking of getting her a small HD camcorder instead. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Right now she uses an older Cannon camera for taking videos but I was thinking of getting her a small HD camcorder instead.
    The Flip Camera is trivial to use, and also pretty cheap. Keep the camera simple, and she'll learn more about the basic technique. Once she starts complaining about the depth of focus on the thing, she's ready for something meatier. ^_~
  • Not to brag or anything but... my daughter is awesome.
    And her Da ain't so bad for encouraging and supporting her hobbies, either.
  • That's pretty awesome -- I wish I'd had a Wacom and Photoshop Elements when I was 11! Also, pretty solid drawings for someone of her age. Or, one pretty solid drawing, anyway. Is she gonna put more up?
  • Yes, she is working on doing more.

She takes after me in that she is creative and a self-starter. She never takes no for an answer.
  • Yes, she is working on doing more.

She takes after me in that she is creative and a self-starter. She never takes no for an answer.
    Good traits to inherit!
  • edited April 2010
    She never takes no for an answer.
    Have fun with that when she's 16. :P
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on