This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Where are all of you people from?

Comments

• Born in Panama City Beach, FL, raised in Geneva, AL, and currently driving back and forth between the two for work/home.
  • I think I've moved around 26-27 times so far?
    What the hell? Ro was an army brat and even she didn't move as much.
  • "SOL" IS NOT THE NAME OF OUR SYSTEM. THE SOLAR SYSTEM IS THE NAME OF OUR SYSTEM.
    Planetary systems are named after their star. The sun does not have an official name, ergo our planetary system does not have an official name. Were we consistent than our star would be named 'Sol', 'Solar' is an adjective, 'the' and 'system' are redundant when speaking at planetary system level, thus 'Sol' remains. However, we're not consistent and egotistical, ergo people think they're right by deviating when it comes to naming ourselves, just look at the inhabitants of the United States of North-America and what they call themselves. Smug cunts.
  • Leeds, Yorkshire, Great Britain
  • Born in Lytkarino, Russia; later moved to Sydney, Australia, and then Brisbane. Currently in Laramie, Wyoming, USA, but will be going back to Brisbane in July.
  • I'm surprised at the penetration outside the US.
  • "SOL" IS NOT THE NAME OF OUR SYSTEM. THE SOLAR SYSTEM IS THE NAME OF OUR SYSTEM.
    Planetary systems are named after their star. The sun does not have an official name, ergo our planetary system does not have an official name. Were we consistent than our star would be named 'Sol', 'Solar' is an adjective, 'the' and 'system' are redundant when speaking at planetary system level, thus 'Sol' remains. However, we're not consistent and egotistical, ergo people think they're right by deviating when it comes to naming ourselves, just look at the inhabitants of the United States of North-America and what they call themselves. Smug cunts.
    Meh, my allergies are just acting up and making me grumpy.
  • I'm surprised at the penetration
  • Born in Everett, WA. Lived in a little city called Brier, 15 miles north of Seattle, most of my life. Lived in Spokane, WA for college. Have been living in Seattle proper for exactly one year today. Strange how that worked out ^_^
    That didn't take long. ^_^
    I believe that is what she said.
  • That didn't take long.
    I believe that is what she said.
  • I'm surprised at the penetration outside the US.
    Kinda late to the party, but...

ahem.

"How do you think all those people got there?"
  • "How do you think all those people got there?"
  • What the hell? Ro was an army brat and even she didn't move as much.
    1. Mom was a starving artist.
    2. Art teachers rarely get tenure.
    3. ?????
    4. not so much profit, I'm afraid.
  • Where was I born? Take a guess, I think it would be easy to find once people hear my voice.

Hint: not anywhere near where I am now.
  • Uganda
    No, Kenya!
  • Currently in Laramie, Wyoming, USA, but will be going back to Brisbane in July.
    Drinks at the Mana Bar when you get back.
  • Uganda
    No, Kenya!
    Chad!
  • Originally from Albany area NY, now in Concord NH.
  • Born in Ohio, raised a few miles south of a tiny little town in North Carolina.
  • Born in Ohio, raised a few miles south of a tiny little town in North Carolina.
    Mind if I ask where? I'm from Hillsborough.
  • Mind if I ask where? I'm from Hillsborough.
    I've probably said enough that you could point to my house with any more information, but because a vague veil of ambiguity is more comfortable, I live south of Charlotte.
  • Mind if I ask where? I'm from Hillsborough.
    I've probably said enough that you could point to my house with any more information, but because a vague veil of ambiguity is more comfortable, I live south of Charlotte.
    Haha, true... There's not much south of Charlotte in NC. Thanks. ;)
  • Born and lived on the upper west side of Manhattan, then moved to Yonkers, NY at the ripe young age of 7, which is where I currently reside.