This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Apple vs. Adobe (UPDATE)

2»

Comments

• Put up or shut up only works on the small stuff. You still complain about lots of stuff that you can't fix as the act of complaining in itself is doing something.
    I'm one person. Apple is a company. They can do big things.
  • The trouble is defeating the ubiquity of Flash.
  • If you make something that's well and truly better, taking over market share is just a matter of time.
  • If you make something that's well and truly better, taking over market share is just a matter of time.
    Or just market the ever living heck out of it(See: iPod)
  • Resurrecting an oldish thread here...
    You can theoretically make a game in canvas, but I'd like to see someone show me even one really complete game written for an HTML canvas. A tower defense will do.
    How about this? Or this?
  • How about this?Or this?
    The first one is laughably primitive.

The second one is alright, but the controls are awful. Also, it uses more CPU than equivalent flash games in every browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari), and every OS (Windows, Mac, Linux).
  • I know this is old, but it's time for a necrobump due to some new updates.

Steve Jobs has retracted his policy.

Flash, and potentially even Java and Silverlight, can be used on the iPhone.
  • edited September 2010
    Flash, and potentially even Java and Silverlight, can be used on to code apps for the iPhone.
    Huge difference, third parties (Adobe, MS) have to make cross compilers first and then Apple can still refuse the app if said compiler produces shitty binaries.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on