This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Stealing Authorship

edited May 2010 in Forum Game
Say you could be the author of any one work in history, instead of the true author. What do you steal?

I pick the Principia. Bonus points if you take the Zero Wing translation.

Comments

• I pick Harry Potter, I would be crazy rich with a line of fan girls waiting for me :P
  • The Bible and make it even more ridiculous.
  • The Bible
    This is really the only way to go.
  • I think the authorship of the bible has already been stolen.
  • I think the authorship of the bible has already been stolen.
  • Lord of the Rings. It's about as close to the Bible as you can get.
  • The dune series.
  • All of it?
  • The Necronomicon.
  • The Necronomicon.
    Too awesome, I could picture you writing something like that actually.

As for that comic, PURE GENIUS! I can't stand the crazy conventions for current these days. It makes things really weird to know that the electrons are actually flowing the opposite way than you would expect, making electrical engineering courses even more confusing.
  • Well, it doesn't really matter until you get to semiconductors.
  • It's just stupid and irritating. Intuitive design is a good thing, or in this case intuitive conventions, and the way things are now is totally unintuitive, at least to me.
  • The Sun Also Rises?
  • The Bible and make it even more ridiculous.
    I don't know if you get to change it, you might just get to be the author. I thought about The Bible, but I think you would need to get The Torah and Koran too to make it worth it.
  • You wouldn't have to change it. If you were the author and had a way of proving it, that would be awesome.
  • I would probably pick either The Count of Monte Cristo or Sherlock Holmes
  • Wait, can I repick and choose Comos, because then I would be Carl Sagan and that would be awesome!
  • edited May 2010
    Wait, can I repick and choose Comos, because then I would be Carl Sagandead and that would be awesomesuck!
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Wait, can I repick and choose Comos, because then I would beCarl Sagandeadand that wouldbe awesomesuck!
    But would of lead his life!
  • The Godfather.
  • Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas.
  • Kama Sutra
  • The Godfather.
    I think this book is widely regarded to be one of the worst novels to ever be made into a good movie. I've never read it, but it seems a strange choice by reputation.
  • I think this book is widely regarded to be one of the worst novels to ever be made into a good movie. I've never read it, but it seems a strange choice by reputation.
    It doesn't matter. Your royalties would be HUGE.
  • The Dick and Jane series...

in Yiddish.
  • The Godfather.
    I think this book is widely regarded to be one of the worst novels to ever be made into a good movie. I've never read it, but it seems a strange choice by reputation.
    Well, the OP states it as the author of a work, so Jason could mean the movie rather than the book.
  • An author is generally considered to be a writer of prose. If they write poetry they are called a poet, lyricist for song lyrics, playwright for plays, screen writer for screen plays, etc.
  • edited May 2010
    True, it's most often associated with written work only, but the term also has a more general meaning.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on