This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20101010101010101010101010 - Twitter and a Tangent

RymRym
edited May 2010 in Everything Else
Last night's show - GeekNights 20101010 - Twitter and a Tangent - will be up this evening.

The details as to why it will be late involve the following factors:
1. Adobe software is (un)surprisingly non-robust.
2. Audio which has inexplicably been quantized to a total of four discrete amplitude levels is excruciatingly unlistenable.
3. Adobe's user "support," even for paying customers, is practically nonexistent.

Comments

• If you don't like it write your own software, put up or shut up. :P
  • If you don't like it write your own software, put up or shut up. :P
    If you are going to make a funny comment, make sure you believe in the joke strongly enough so that a smiley face isn't needed to show you are joking. This is especially important when criticizing someone. Your comment, with corrected punctuation, could stand up on its own. If you are afraid Rym would take the comment personally, and not in the way you intended, maybe it isn't worth trying to joke with him.

Must do better.
  • Would you kindly explain why your proposed method is better than the one he is using?
  • Must do better.
    Fuck off, I just like using smileys. ^_^
  • Last night's show - GeekNights 20101010 - Twitter and a Tangent
    GeekNights 20101010
    Wait, what?
  • Rym stupid, should be 20100510
  • A 5 month delay would definitely have been somewhat excessive.
    Reading this sends Bender back in time.
  • You never know with Adobe products though.
  • Oh shit, the show is uploaded!
  • You know, Scott is kinda right in the argument. I see Rym's point, but he's stretching. The fact is, great features mean nothing compared to user-base.
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, but why can't you have both?
    Also, Scott dared us to call him.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Also, Scott dared us to call him.
    Eh...I've never been one to take dares.
  • edited May 2010
    The problem with the eye test game is pixels - dynamic text scaling will suck.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I'm curious about the phone calls. I seriously considered calling just to be like, "Hey Scott, this is cool!" But then again, I don't like bothering people. Is everybody's Firefox crashing when it gets to the end of a video, or just mine?
  • The thing with it being Scott's phone, is that, not many people really want to talk to Scott.
    Though it would be an interesting idea, to give someone a phone which anyone can call them on any time of the day and see how long it is before they snap it in half.
  • Scott, when's the best time for us to call you?
  • Please remember that, by calling Scott, he will then have your phone number.

On a side note: Phone numbers are such an insecure system.
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe I'll make a rap song, call Scott, and spit it at him if he answers the phone.

...That would be too much work, actually. Maybe I'll freestyle at him.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited May 2010
    Please remember that, by calling Scott, he will then have your phone number.
    *67 -> Dial Scott.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My phone number is on my website.
  • Though it would be an interesting idea, to give someone a phone which anyone can call them on any time of the day and see how long it is before they snap it in half.
    How I Met Your Mother already did it.
  • edited May 2010
    It's interesting how that you can take something seemingly simple like Twitter and make a rather interesting discussion about it. I did love hearing you guys talking about "basic" and "advanced" versions of twitter.

Also, I'm not going to bother calling Scott. Unless he'd like to talk to me about the particulars of the Doctor Who RPG.
    Post edited by MarcusNoble on
  • I'm not sure Scott Rubin has Ever called me (except at Conventions) so I don't think you have much to fear.
  • I'm not sure Scott Rubin has Ever called me (except at Conventions) so I don't think you have much to fear.
    I'm sure Scott would call me many things, but "On the phone" is most probably not among them.
  • I'm sure Scott would call me many things
    What, like "master"?
  • Please remember that, by calling Scott, he will then have your phone number.

On a side note: Phone numbers are such an insecure system.
    That's why you call from Skype, and, it only costs 5 cents a minute even calling overseas.
  • I'm sure Scott would call me many things
    What, like "master"?
    Possibly. I'm not a professional.
  • That's why you call from Skype, and, it only costs 5 cents a minute even calling overseas.
    To landlines..
  • Scott was right and Rym was wrong. That is all.