This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Muse Games is hiring...

edited May 2010 in Video Games
I know there are a good number of programmer-types here. If you're in the NY area, and looking for a job in game development, consider the following...

Muse Games is seeking an Experienced Software Developer to be creative and make games. The Experienced Software Developer will be an integral part of a small, multidisciplinary team to develop 3D multiplayer games for the browser, PC/Mac, and mobile platforms. The ideal candidate will quickly understand specification requirements, work well with other people in a team-based environment, and be able to meet deadlines.

Responsibilities:

* Work with a Senior Developer in game concept, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of game programs for the Muse Games website as well as 3rd party distribution platforms
* Participate in brainstorming sessions and backend design overviews
* Take initiatives to actively improve Muse Game technology, core competency, products, and work flow

Requirements:

* 3-5 years Object Oriented programming experience
* Very proficient with C# / Mono.
* Has experience programming in a performance critical environment (such as games).
* Capable of writing clean, organized, and optimized code.
* Excited to learn new skills!
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States

Ideal Candidate has:

* 1-2 years experience programming in Unity (preferably professionally)

OR

* 2-3 years professional experience programming games.

Bonus skills - any of the following:

* Experience with 3D graphics and shaders.
* Experience with TCP and UDP socket programming
* Experience with high level (gameplay) multiplayer networking
* Experience creating game and level design tools
* Experience with 3D character animation systems using bones and skinned meshes
* Experience and passion for creating user interfaces, and/or user interface libraries
* Experience with C++
* Experience with Objective-C and Cocoa for the iPhone
* Experience with Application and UI development for Windows

Muse Games will provide a relaxed, fun & flexible, yet professional environment. You will be immersed in a team-based atmosphere and be respected for the intelligence and experience that you bring. If you meet the above qualifications, have the passion, confidence, talent, and desire to make a difference, then apply!

We are offering a fulltime paying position at competitive rates with benefits and stock incentives. To apply, please email a resume and very brief cover letter to jobs@musegames.com.

About Muse Games:

Muse Games is an independent developer dedicated to the creation of next-generation 3D Multiplayer games their revolutionary browser-based platform. MuseGames.com features a wide array of games to satiate players around the world and provide instantaneous, high quality game play experiences. In addition to game creation, Muse Games’ vibrant community opens the lines of communication for publishers, developers and players in order to further the refinement of titles for the end user.

Muse Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Comments

• Soon Muse Games will have nothing but FRC and FRC forumites as their personnel. :P
  • Soon Muse Games will have nothing but FRC and FRC forumites as their personnel. :P
    And then Rym and Scott will slip in unopposed and take the whole operation over.
  • How else are we going to get Tribes 3?
  • If only this was 5 years in the future and I had my Game Design degree! ARGH.
  • I know a few people who might be interested. I'll pass this along.
  • If I can get a nice storage room to sleep in, I'd love to come over as a network/support guy. I have experience in large enterprise environments and am familiar with Unix/linux, Mac, and Windows.
  • Any openings in the microbiology division?
  • Actually yes, Pete, we do. The job consists exclusively of testing my tender areas for any microbiological defects on a bi-weekly basis.

You start next Tuesday.
  • edited May 2010
    Am fighter. Skills include fighting. Also looking impressive. Looking for position fighting.

Maybe one day I might be qualified to work with you guys, but I've got a small commitment with the military for the next 10 or so years. I'll be using those 10 years to learn C# and XNA however. I have a feeling by then you'll want someone qualified in future C# and future Unity though.
    Post edited by Sova on
  • Maybe Muse will need a predator drone or something...
  • Actually yes, Pete, we do. The job consists exclusively of testing my tender areas for any microbiological defects on a bi-weekly basis.

You start next Tuesday.
    DAMN IT!! Why does he get all the fun jobs? While I'm stuck making jello for E. coli!!1!
  • Congrats on the new site launch, it looks gorgeous (and so does creaVures)!
  • Danke! I like how the trailer turned out.