This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

CSS Playtesting

edited May 2010 in Video Games
Do you own Counter Strike Source?
Do you have some time right fucking now?
Perhaps it would be mutually beneficial for you to help me playtest the new map I just made.

IP: 98.113.169.78:27016
Server: "The Iron Hammer Projekt"
Password: ThorAlmighty

Comments

• And also because there hasn't been enough forum-spread gaming going on. Message me or something if there are any server issues, since I've got it running.
  • edited May 2010
    I've got nothing better to do at the moment, but CSS is still in the process of downloading from Steam since I didn't have it installed on this computer.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I kinda forgot about this, but I'll get in soon if the server is still up.
  • Yep, and it'll be up for quite some time. We need players!
  • Oops, forgot again, though I did finish World of Goo in the meantime.
  • Sorry I wasn't able to jump in earlier, ProfPangloss. I was busy stressing out about figuring out my class schedule :P
  • edited May 2010
    I'm on now, and the port is 27015, not 27016. It seems that there's no-one else here, but the terrain layout seems very appropriate for a sniping map.
  • I'll be right there, just give me a second.
  • I'm on now, and the port is 27015, not 27016. It seems that there's no-one else here, but the terrain layout seems very appropriate for a sniping map.
    Forget again?
  • Well, someone got pwned.
  • I would appreciate everyone's reccomendations on where the map needs to go.
  • edited May 2010
    Textures would be nice.
    I'm not entirely sure what needs to be done w.r.t. the layout, though.
  • I enjoyed this map. Auto sniper is kind of overpowered, but I think that's the point. A small fight pit underground would be cool.
  • The awp is better than the autosniper.
  • The awp is better than the autosniper.
    Not when you are in the air.
  • edited May 2010
    Hmm. If I recall correctly the terrorist autosniper is accurate on the first shot while in midair or something like that? Apart from that, only shotguns get any kind of accuracy while in the air.

In general, it's best not to jump at all when gravity is low - all it does is make you a target.
  • In general, it's best not to jump at all when gravity is low - all it does is make you a target.
    Yeah, an AWESOME target.
  • edited May 2010
    The awp is pure pwnage on killer's corridor 1&2.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • The awp is pure pwnage on killer's corridor 1&2.
    That's only because you have no compuction against spawn killing. I guess I'll have to fix that.
  • So, uh, my serverthing is up fairly regularly now with both new/old maps that Grey has been working on. Please feel free to come visit, it's very lonely playing with highly unintelligent bots.