This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Google Wave Shownotes

edited May 2010 in GeekNights
Google Wave is now public, so anybody can sign up. They also now have the ability to embed waves in pages.

Do we have any volunteers who would seriously be willing to write up shownotes for every episode inside of Google Wave? There will be one Wave per episode. This will appear on frontrowcrew.com after I do some updating. Should take me a few more weekends to finish. Just need to know, because I won't add the feature if nobody will do it.

Comments

• I would be up for it if I am not the sole contributor.

I would be totally giving back to the community. Wait, I sound like an IB drone with all that CAS shit. DAMN YOU LIBERAL EDUCATION!
  • For my part, I'll notate eta info and pre-show stuff into this before every show and while we're recording if enough of you commit to doing show notes for the show itself.
  • For my part, I'll notate eta info and pre-show stuff into this before every show and while we're recording if enough of you commit to doing show notes for the show itself.
    Hmm, this will take some work. I was planning to have the site automatically generate the Wave when the show was uploaded. However, I think maybe we can change our strategy. I can build the new site in such a way that we create the show posting when we start recording. Then we upload the actual mp3 when it's done afterwards.
  • was planning to have the site automatically generate the Wave when the show was uploaded. However, I think maybe we can change our strategy. I can build the new site in such a way that we create the show posting when we start recording. Then we upload the actual mp3 when it's done afterwards.
    That may be a better way. I imagine there will be times we'll want to add to a wave while we're recording. You mention a web site or a thing, I grab the URL while you're talking so we don't forget. Something meta happens, we can note it. The uStream people would probably watch the wave rather than the uStream chat (or do both), and we would have a guaranteed skeleton set of notes for every show.
  • That may be a better way. I imagine there will be times we'll want to add to a wave while we're recording. You mention a web site or a thing, I grab the URL while you're talking so we don't forget. Something meta happens, we can note it. The uStream people would probably watch the wave rather than the uStream chat (or do both), and we would have a guaranteed skeleton set of notes for every show.
    Also, if you visit the site, and there's an episode that exists without an uploaded mp3, it will be like whoah!
  • I'd be up for assisting, but given the time I have available to listen to the podcast I wouldn't be able to post anything until later the next day following the episode being released. I assume you're looking for a quicker turnaround time than 24 hours?
  • I'd be up for assisting, but given the time I have available to listen to the podcast I wouldn't be able to post anything until later the next day following the episode being released. I assume you're looking for a quicker turnaround time than 24 hours?
    Don't really care about timing. I mean, there are no shownotes for any episode that is up now.

Basically if I let the wave be publicly editable, I'll have to constantly remove spam and such. I have to make a list of people I allow to edit it that I know are not spammers, and have proper grammar and such. Basically I just want to have show notes that are collaboratively edited by the listeners. If anyone knows a better way than making a wave, I'm all ears.
  • Ok, I created a test page. Try to make some shownotes for Wednesday's show, and we'll see how it turns out.

http://frontrowcrew.com/wavetest/
  • The wave loads (albeit slowly, Google's fault, I know), but trying to reply fails and produces the message of "You were removed from this wave. You still have a read-only copy." Permissions issues?
  • Sigh... My domains account can't edit that wave.