This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

shopping near NYC

2»

Comments

• Plus, you missed out! There was a Japanese festival in central park yesterday where you could try on Yukata and Kimono and watch dancing. There were a lot of activities for kids, like calligraphy and water balloon fishing. The lines for the free food (dumplings and yakisoba, etc.) were enormous, though. I wore my Yukata and went, but I didn't do a lot. Remember it for next year if you are interested.

I went to the Kimono shop in Soho out of curiosity and she has girls yukata as well.
  • She is also interested in watching a 'band' anime. The only one I know is Nana and she's not old enough for that.
    BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad is the best one of those I've seen. It's one of those shows that you're better off watching the dub of. The voice acting's alright, but they did areallygood job with the music. The manga is worth reading too if she's into that kind of thing too.
    I very much doubt that MCS would be appropriate either.
    The worst thing I can think of in that show is the badly voiced swearing. Or maybe when Koyuki walks in on Ryūsuke the morning after.
  • Plus, you missed out! There was aJapanese festivalin central park yesterday where you could try on Yukata and Kimono and watch dancing. There were a lot of activities for kids, like calligraphy and water balloon fishing. The lines for the free food (dumplings and yakisoba, etc.) were enormous, though. I wore my Yukata and went, but I didn't do a lot. Remember it for next year if you are interested.

I went to the Kimono shop in Soho out of curiosity and she has girls yukata as well.
    Do you have a link for the kimono shop? Price ranges?

If I had known the festival was going on we would have taken the train straight in rather than driving around!
  • edited June 2010
    Plus, you missed out! There was aJapanese festivalin central park yesterday where you could try on Yukata and Kimono and watch dancing. There were a lot of activities for kids, like calligraphy and water balloon fishing. The lines for the free food (dumplings and yakisoba, etc.) were enormous, though. I wore my Yukata and went, but I didn't do a lot. Remember it for next year if you are interested.
    I systematically miss this festival every year. :( This year I found out the date, remembered it the whole while, and forgot on the day itself till Natalie got your text, Emily. Next year I am carving the date into my arm, so help me.

And Mr. Tick, I think this is the closest thing that Kimono House has to a website. It's got their phone number though, so you could always give them a call. They're really friendly, least from what I remember. :)
    Post edited by loltsundere on