This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sony @ E3

edited June 2010 in Video Games
"This will be the best version on any console." - Gabe Newell on Portal 2 for the PS3

Comments

• edited June 2010
    "This will be the best version on any console." - Gabe Newell on Portal 2 for the PS3
    Gabe is a PC man through and through.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I watched the press conference with a friend of mine and the only enjoyment we got out of the entire ordeal was making fun of the whole thing. Sony was even more underwhelming than Microsoft.
  • edited June 2010
    "This will be the best version on anyconsole." - Gabe Newell on Portal 2 for the PS3
    Gabe is a PC man through and through.
    It's true. But the most interesting part of this announcement is that the PS3 will now support "Steamworks", which appears to basically be Steam for PS3.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • You mean to say it wasn't a half hour long Kevin Butler skit with brief excerpts on how you're going to be using Move to steer your baby gryphon around the labyrinth?
  • It's true. But the most interesting part of this announcement is that the PS3 will now support "Steamworks", which appears to basically be Steam for PS3.
    Were it not for the friggin' ludicrous price back home, it'd almost have me getting a PS3.
  • As much I wanted to like the Sony press conference, since the PS3 is my main console and all, there wasn't much for me to personally get excited about. All of the good games were sequels to games I haven't played yet. It probably would've ended up a lot different if there had been any Last Guardian footage. Sorry, but that game is way higher up on my list than Portal 2.
  • I just like gabe's quote on this:
    If MS named stuff like Sony, Kinect would be called camera picture thing.
  • So.. is that it for the PS3 thread? Damn.
  • So.. is that it for the PS3 thread? Damn.
    I don't think too many people here care. Too many PC snobs :)
  • I don't think too many people here care. Too many PC snobs :)
    Sounds about right.
  • Companion Cube spotted at 0:20. Is it coming back, or is it just in there for the fans to squee about?
  • I think the Sony press conference was pretty good. Some of the Move games looked interesting, and it seems like they are making a big effort to attract 3rd party developers again. And of course what might be the most important bit reveal, that Steam is coming to PS3 (in some sort of capacity.)

Also Kevin Butler's monologue/speech was great.
  • Companion Cube spotted at 0:20. Is it coming back, or is it just in there for the fans to squee about?
    Portal 2 Trailer
    this and the Twisted Metal Preview Have me really giddy right now.
    Also something about the portal 2 trailer is amazing but I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it might be the music, seems to harken back to some of the older school trailers, also the gun noises in it.
  • Portal 2: For science!
  • edited June 2010
    Is it just me, or does GLaDOS' voice sound way creepier than it did in the first game?
    Post edited by Walker on
    edited June 2010
    Is it just me, or does GLaDOS' voice sound way creepier than it did in the first game?
    way creepier is a bit of an understatement. I hope she'll/it'll be utterly creepy from the start, instead of slowly dropping a façade.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Well, there isn't much reason for a facade anymore. Chell already knows GLaDOS.
  • edited June 2010
    Chell already attempted to murder GLaDOS.
    Also: Why is this in the PS3 thread?

From the Flower guys:
    A multilayer exploration game.. and it has to come out for the platform furthest from me.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • From the Flower guys:
    You mean thatgamecompany. Also I hadn't heard about their new game, that looks gorgeous. It give me a Shadow of the Colossus vibe from that image.
  • From the Flower guys:
    You mean thatgamecompany. Also I hadn't heard about their new game, that looks gorgeous. It give me a Shadow of the Colossus vibe from that image.
    That was my exact same first thought. Definitely cannot be a bad thing there.
  • edited June 2010
    Looking to tap into heretofore undiscovered human emotions, Flow/Flower developer thatgamecompany announced just moments ago that it would be creating a new PS3 game based on the songs and story of the popular American rock band Journey.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Looking to tap into heretofore undiscovered human emotions, Flow/Flower developerthatgamecompanyannounced just moments ago that it would be creating a newPS3 gamebased onthe songs and story of the popularAmerican rock band Journey.
    Calling that at least one level is a perfectly circular, rotating floating island.
  • edited June 2010
    Looking to tap into heretofore undiscovered human emotions, Flow/Flower developerthatgamecompanyannounced just moments ago that it would be creating a newPS3 gamebased onthe songs and story of the popularAmerican rock band Journey.
    That was a joke, man.

edit: but I sort of wish it wasn't
    Post edited by Koholint on
  • No it wasn't. It was a description for the greatest game of our generation that will never be made.
  • edit: but I sort of wish it wasn't
    :|
  • edited June 2010
    No it wasn't. It was a description for the greatest game of our generation that will never be made.
    Well, we know what must be done. Let's Dudebro this shit.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • No it wasn't. It was a description forthe greatest game of our generation that will never be made.
    Well, we know what must be done. Let's Dudebro this shit.
    Too late