This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mixtapes

edited June 2010 in Art!
Post themed music mixes you've made here. Remember to tag or rename the individual songs properly so that we know what order to listen to them in. Upload the mix to Mediafire and link to them when you're done. I don't know if it's necessary to use the code tags to post the URLs, but if you're paranoid, go for it.

Alternatively, you can use 8tracks or any other number of sites that do the same thing to share your mixes.

Comments

• RymRym
    edited June 2010
    Man, I have dozens of carefully constructed mix tapes that I would master with my dubber throughout middle and high school. Almost all of them are lost to time, but I believe I have mp3s I recorded (back from the tapes and in a few cases the CDs) for at least a handful.

Digging out must commence. I used to obsess over the flow of the tape, and I wager between planning the playlist and mastering the tape, I would spend about four hours per side, not counting the actual dubbing.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • There needs to be an 8Tracks with a lot of music on it. None of the songs I want to use are on there, so I have to go find and download each one, then upload it to 8Tracks. That just seems silly.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm going to use Mediafire, so you lovable bastards can have my mix for your archives if you so choose.

I'll take requests, since I'm not working on a tape right now.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • A thrown together 8track of upbeat music called "Cheer Up, Fred!"
    So far is quite good. I've heard a lot of this since I started listening to Triple J.
  • I used to obsess over the flow of the tape, and I wager between planning the playlist and mastering the tape, I would spend about four hours per side, not counting the actual dubbing.
    I was doing stuff like that all the time for a while. Most of the mixes are lost, along with some hard drives and a handful of CDRs, but I think I'll start making them again. In the mean time, here's something that isn't quite so well thought out.
  • Why haven't I been listening to Cool Calm Pete like...forever? @_@
  • He's pretty great. You should get your mitts on Mechanical Royalty, The Clock Song in particular.
  • Hipsters, all of you.
  • I am all over this. Expect a mix called "Imma gonna whoop your ass" soon.
  • "Imma gonna whoop your ass"
    Featuring guest artist Ray?
  • "Imma gonna whoop your ass"
    Featuring guest artist Ray?
    *claps*
  • Coming soon: "We Do This For SCIENCE," featuring Oingo Boingo, the Beastie Boys, and They Might Be Giants, among others.
  • Coming soon: "We Do This For SCIENCE," featuring Oingo Boingo, the Beastie Boys, and They Might Be Giants, among others.
    If there is no Thomas Dolby, I am disappoint.
  • edited September 2010
    Convinced myself to ask out a girl all too cool for me who for reasons unknown seems to enjoy my presence. A mixtape is being made to keep in reserve for when it's needed. Current list (this took 3.25 hours; I'm obsessing over flow):

1) First Day of My Life -- Bright Eyes
    2) Temptation of Adam -- Josh Ritter
    3) The Dress Looks Nice On You -- Sufjan Stevens
    4) Me Gustas Tú -- Manu Chao
    5) The Only One -- The Black Keys
    6) Love Athena -- The Olivia Tremor Control
  • edited September 2010
    I totally forgot about this thread xD

Wait, is this a mix to give her? Or just for yourself?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • 1) First Day of My Life -- Bright Eyes
    This is on every goddamn lovey-dovey playlist I've made since I was 15.
  • edited September 2010
    I totally forgot about this thread xD
    Me too. I haven't completed a tape since it was made, though.
    This is on every goddamn lovey-dovey playlist I've made since I was 15.
    Because it's perfect. Sack up and admit it.
  • Because it's perfect. Sack up and admit it.
    Of course it is! I put it on every goddamn lovey-dovey playlist to this day.
  • I'm doing a mixtape exchange thingy on another forum, so I'll post whatever I make here once I actually make it.
  • edited September 2010
    Because it's perfect. Sack up and admit it.
    Of course it is! I put it on every goddamn lovey-dovey playlistto this day.
    I also like that its one of the few Bright Eyes songs with happiness to it. Hell, the first song on that album is a jaunty tune about a plane crash.
    Wait, is this a mix to give her? Or just for yourself?
    As of yet uncertain. I've known her for a while running. Things got in the way. It's a long story, but it's not like I met this person yesterday. Suffice it to say I'm not dumb enough to hand such a charged mix to someone without taking them to dinner a few times.
  • edited September 2010
    I also like that its one of the few Bright Eyes songs with happiness to it. Hell, the first song on that album is a jaunty tune about a plane crash.
    It's like Evie Part 3 - It's a catchy, upbeat rock song, about the guy's wife(And possibly child, it's not really clear) dying in childbirth.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited September 2010
    A wild mixtape appears!

As-of-yet untitled:
    2) Temptation of Adam -- Josh Ritter
    3) The Dress Looks Nice On You -- Sufjan Stevens
    4) Me Gustas Tú -- Manu Chao
    5) The Only One -- The Black Keys
    7) Mala Vida -- Mano Negra
    8) Saturday Nite -- Blitzen Trapper
    9) Such Great Heights -- Iron and Wine
    10) Ragged Wood -- Fleet Foxes.

Aww yeah. I'll get a Mediafire up when I have access to my desktop again.
  • edited September 2010
    Greatest song. I have a cover of it, somewhere.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • 6) Love Athena -- The Olivia Tremor Control
    Greatest song. I have a cover of it, somewhere.
    I actually found that song mainly because I was on an OTC kick after you mentioned that you had been listening to them. Thanks for that.
  • You've listened to Circulatory System, right?
    Nope. I take it I should?
    Nope. I take it I should?
    It's William Cullen Hart's current band. Basically the spiritual successor to Black Foliage. Get the album Signal Morning.
  • Pulling it down now.