This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gamestop buys Kongregate

13»

Comments

• Oh. My bad.
  • edited August 2010
    Here's a point - The moment Developers Stop utterly fucking Australia for both price and release dates(and, I might add, releases themselves, I'm still waiting on my pre-order of Rockband 2) is the moment I stop buying secondhand.

120 to 130 bucks for a game, especially when you're charging 60-70 bucks in the US? Fuck off. I'd rather buy at a reasonable price, rather than a single game costing about as much as my weekly rent.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2010
    I would argue that the days in which there was any legitimacy to any argument complaining about the need for a client-server connection for initial validation of a purchase are rapidly coming to a close. How many gamers don't have internet? How many gamers are not in close proximity to a place with public internet? We're not omniconnected like Ghost in the Shell, but I've downloaded Steam games using a university network. You could validate a key at Starbucks. It's not hard. Most people who don't have internet access probably don't have the change to plunk down on a console or PC and games to begin with.

Also, similar to Churba: I am a college student. My means are pretty goddamn meager compared to the PA guys'. Usually, that means a choice: One or two new games every couple of months, or a handful of used games and maybe one new game with a really boss multiplayer community (I will likely buy Halo: Reach). Guess what I'm going to choose every time? Also, as far as Steam goes, don't even play. I never buy from Steam unless a game is on sale, and even then, only if the sale was DAMN good.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on