This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WoW Screen names and servers

edited September 2006 in Video Games
If any of you guys who play WoW wanna hang out, go on a raid, or maybe do an instance or two please post your main character's name and the server on which you play.

PS: If this already exists, I apologize.

Comments

• edited September 2006
    Mine right now is MaggotSixty (alliance) and MaggotTwenty (horde): both on the server dreanor.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Rym and Scott are going to hate this thread more than you know. :p

In any case, I have one character, Eliswen, on Garithos. He's an Alliance warrior.

I've tried having more than one character, but I simply didn't want to devote that much time to the game; as it is, I play it plenty for my tastes.
  • WoW sucks. You're wasting your time and your money. Get a life.

fin
  • edited September 2006
    I really don't wish to have the WoW argument, so I shall merely post my details.

'Farragar' - Tauren Druid - Eonar
    (European realms)
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Shut up, Scott.

I haven't played in nearly a year, but if I do pick it back up, my main is Varuna (horde) on Lightbringer.

Also, thank you, Mr. Period.
  • edited September 2006
    Sorry Scott :'( I didn't know you would get mad.
    Post edited by lorddragonslayer on
  • edited September 2006
    Railith - Undead Mage - Wildhammer

I also hate this game, but I'm in too deep to quit at the moment.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • edited September 2006
    Varicella - Human priest - Drak'thul
    Cylrae - Human rogue - Medivh

I also had some lower horde characters on Lethon but I don't play there anymore. For the hell of it here are their names:
    Yersinia, Escherichia, Cerevisiae and Anthracis. Can you tell I'm the microbiology geek?
    Post edited by Dr. Zibbelcoot PhD on
  • Cremlian - Elf Hunter - Drak'thul
    Crem - Tauren Warrior - Thunderhorn
    Cremlian - Dwarf Preist - Cenarius
    I also have characters on Lethon and Black Dragonflight but I never play them

So far this list has proven one of my biggest complaints with the game.. . NO matter what if you meet someone who plays WoW they always play on a different server then you... (Only reason Zibbelcoot and I have a character on the same server is I made one on there so I could play with her and james..
  • sorry Scott :'( i didnt know u would get mad
    Scott gets mad at everyone. It comes from his general kitten-hating predisposition. He stamps on them with his robotic feet, and takes out his additional rage on the internet.

Katsu on Medeve; someday ...
  • Yeah, I tried playing with Zibbelcoot and Jameskun, but my one character eats up all the time I'm willing to devote to the game.

And the character transfer costs way too fucking much.
  • So, lemme get this straight: Rym and Scott are pretty much the only ones in the FRC who don't play WoW? And yet they have contempt for those who do play it? Oh my, how delicious!
  • Alex doesn't play, and seems to share many of our opinions regarding it.

I don't have the same vitriol as Scott, but I've played MMOs longer than World of Warcraft has existed, and I recognize the game for what it is: a prettier version of The Realm. I don't care if other people play it, but I have better things to be doing with my time. ;^)
  • So no one needs to put words in my mouth: no, I do not play WoW. I did once, for about three hours. Those are three hours I will never get back.

In that time, the game produced absolutely nothing to entertain me, much less anything to justify an upfront cost and a monthly fee. I can think of no other form of entertainment I've tried that has given so little reward for three hours' investment.

The few aspects of the game that seemed like they might have been even slightly interesting were buried behind hours upon hours of grinding and meaningless quests, rendering them worthless. I did not feel that my actions had any memorable effect on the world, whatever story there might have been was being revealed at a snail's pace and was interspersed with lots of cruft, the mechanisms of play were bland, simplistic, and time-consuming, and the environment was uninspiring. In short, I consider it nothing but a waste of my time and my money; everything it offers I can get in a purer form by playing other video or pen-and-paper games.

All that said, I'm nowhere near as vocal about my dislike as Scott, because I feel it's up to you how you spend your time. (I guess I'm also generally just less vocal.)
  • Blizzard has got to be doing something right if they have so many people playing there game.
  • Yeah, they hired psychologists to make the game mentally addictive.
  • I had a friend who would stay up all night playing WoW and never studied or went outside i don't even see him any more.
  • Meh, it only Really affects those who are susceptible to it. If you play for a reasonable amount of time it won't kill your life XD

Also, Alex I'm not sure how you define "slightly interesting" but presuming you meant instances you can start low-level instances at level 10, and if someone hasn't reached level 10 they really are in no position to judge the game.

:-)
  • if someone hasn't reached level 10 they really are in no position to judge the game.
    So you're saying that there aren't any fun things in the game unless you grind for 10 levels? I didn't know that. Thanks for giving me more evidence of the games suckitude.
  • edited September 2006
    Meh, it onlyReallyaffects those who are susceptible to it. If you play for a reasonable amount of time it won't kill your life XD

Also, Alex I'm not sure how you define "slightly interesting" but presuming you meant instances you can start low-level instances at level 10, and if someone hasn't reached level 10 they really are in no position to judge the game.

:-)
    I believe it was some of the other-than-fighting skills that I was thinking of, but I don't remember precisely what I was looking at when I came to that conclusion.

In any case, it doesn't change the fact that I would have had to play the game for a large number of hours to get there. There's nothing stopping the game from introducing additional mechanics earlier, other than Blizzard's desire to make you spend more time playing. There's no form of entertainment with which I would suffer through 10 (arbitrary but significantly large number) hours of shitty content in order to find some slightly good content. That is simply not acceptable, and I feel perfectly justified judging the game on that basis.
    Post edited by Alex on
  • Wow, a fool and his money are soon parted.
  • I think WoW is quite cool, although unbelievably time consuming.
    btw, was this thread made to piss Scott off? :P
  • edited September 2006
    Hey, just a note: could this thread either become another WoW debate thread or just keep with its created purpose.. ^_^

I know it's hard to tell people in a message board to stay on topic, but there are already is a 100+ WoW debate elsewhere in this very forum.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • btw, was this thread made to piss Scott off? :P
    I'll get behind that. XD
  • edited September 2006
    I think WoW is quite cool, although unbelievably time consuming.
    btw, was this thread made to piss Scott off? :P
    No, I didn't know he would be pissed.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited September 2006
    And I had no intention of this being a WoW debate: I just wanted to find some people who play WoW just like in my first comment.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • WOW is always a sensitive subject around these parts of the intraweb.
  • Don't worry, some people here are just overly opinionated. There have already been numerous threads about why and why not World of Warcraft is a good game, some people just needed to interject here even though it was totally off-topic.

As you can see, there are people here who play WoW and your question was a legitimate one. You don't need to apologize.
  • I am just going to put my info up sorry for not contributing to the conversation.
    Name: Plinius
    Faction: Horde
    Server: Khadgar
  • edited September 2006
    It will now become a forum tradition that every WoW thread must start with a post containing horrible grammar! :)
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on